Microbiology Operations Technician - Part Time Maternity Cover
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
Job Title: Microbiology Laboratory Technician - Part Time
Job Type: 12 month maternity cover
Hours: 16 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 10:00am - 14:00pm
Job Location: Cramlington
Salary: GBP18,000 pro rata
As a Microbiology Laboratory Technician you'll be responsible for processing food samples in a timely and efficient manner. You will perform microbiological testing to the highest possible standard to ensure results are accurate, entered within the required time frame and in-line with the relevant documented standards
- Assist in day-to-day running of the laboratory; to include hazardous waste disposal, occasional routine maintenance of company equipment and ensuring the laboratory is clean and tidy at all times
- Prepare samples, reagents/media/solutions for testing in accordance with the appropriate Company guidelines
- Work with the quality team to ensure compliance to ISO 17025/ retailer requirements
- Work with the data systems team to ensure any LIMS is used in the correct manner and any anomalies are resolved
- Laboratory experience, preferably in the food industry, or similar working environment.
- Able to follow procedures and processes.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to learn and adapt to change.
- Able to organise and prioritise accordingly.
- Effective interpersonal skills (communication, active listening, etc).
- Computer literate, e.g.Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, LIMS systems etc.
- GCSE or equivalent in a science subject
- GCSE Grade A*-C (or equivalent) Mathematics, English Language.
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days.