Head of AdTech Platform Operations
5 days left
- Contract Type
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
You will be the inspirational lead of a team in excess of 25+ infrastructure and support engineers, running and operating our platforms with a fast-growing focus on Cloud-first, Machine Learning and Big Data complex architectures, and delivering the Advertisement business for Sky across Europe.
What you'll do:
- Leadership - Be an inclusive and thoughtful leader managing the performance and wellbeing of 25+ FTEs. You will build high performing teams responsible for end-to-end ownership of platforms observability and availability. This role will lead culturally diverse and globally located teams of engineers and operators across Europe.
- Strategy - Lead business driven innovation and define the technical strategy for our platforms. The focus will be for the coming years on (i) real-time highly scalable platforms used by 24 million customers, (ii) Big Data workloads to enrich our targeting capabilities and Analytics, and (iii) AI/ML to provide exponential value to the business.
- Design - You will engage with the Software Engineering team to design and deploy a powerful and large observability stack across our platforms to provide a real-time monitoring at all the stages of our platforms' lifecycle. You will work collaboratively and constructively with all other technology teams at Sky and ensure the implementation of best infrastructure and operation practices.
- Security and Resiliency - Working in collaboration with Sky's security team, you will be responsible for ensuring full compliance of Sky's physical and cyber security standards related to your infrastructures. You will ensure that processes are fully documented, environments are efficiently patched and threats are reported and risks effectively mitigated.
- Group Ways of Working - You will align the Group AdTech vision with the other Infrastructure and Operations teams across Content Technology & Innovation department, to share your strong expertise and to ensure we all speak as ONE.
What you'll bring:
- Strong senior technology leader with experience in operating Cloud platforms and Ops teams. The appropriate candidate will have proven experience working within a similar scale of systems in the AdTech or Media space
- Exceptional leadership skills and boundless optimism, passionate about building a world beating team
- Culturally fluent and able to engage people from a range of backgrounds, across different
- Detailed experience of DevOps and Agile practices
- Large experience in Cloud-based systems operated at scale on GCP and AWS (Kubernetes and Serverless), with a high focus on resiliency and scalability
- Positive obsession about modern observability and monitoring toolsets and principles for highly diversified systems, SecOps - Security first and Security by design mindset, FinOps - Experienced in cost management and optimization for large Cloud systems & First proven experience with SRE principles that you will enrich and share across the whole AdTech and CT&I teams.
- Content, Tech & Innovation: We use the latest tech to create and distribute the best entertainment. In other words, we connect our customers to more of what they love all day, every day. You'll be joining a proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative team setting the standard for excellent innovation.
The Group Advertising Technology (AdTech) department within Content Technology & Innovation (CT&I) develops and runs the platforms delivering targeted advertisement on Linear (AdSmart) and OTT (NowTV and Sky Go), across Sky in the UK, Italy and Germany.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
We are flexible!
The AdTech teams are located in Osterley (UK), Munich (Germany) and Milan (Italy), and Sky is embracing the hybrid working model.
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.