Training Coordinator - Returner Programme
Returners at AWE
AWE are excited to launch our first Returner Programme, in partnership with workingmums.co.uk, which is designed to support experienced professionals return to their field following a career break.
The programme will be a 1 year fixed term contract on either a full or part time basis with the possibility of transitioning into a permanent role at the end of the contract.
Location: Reading / Basingstoke area. This role will be based on site at AWE.
This is a fantastic opportunity to directly support our Trials and Technology teams by analysing and coordinating their training needs to meet current and future requirements.
There will be the opportunity, where required, to help design and develop courses and deliver training as well as evaluate external training suppliers and maintain accurate records.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the deliverables of the training programme within the business area
- Create training and development plans that address programme needs and expectations
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods as determined by training needs analysis
- Conduct effective induction and orientation sessions as required
- Monitor and evaluate training effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them, ensuring that training interventions are cost effective and deliver value for money
- Audit external training providers to determine effectiveness
- Resolve any specific problems and tailor training programs as necessary
- Maintain a keen understanding and awareness of company training procedures, training developments and best practices
- Maintain close links with relevant HR teams to ensure close alignment to company-wide developments linked to training and competence
- Overview of Engineer Safety Training by Areas
- Craft and Graduate CPD and mentoring
Essential criteria and experience required:
- Minimum 2 year career break from your profession
- Commitment to the 1 year contract
- Experience of working as a trainer/assessor
- Experience of working with schedules and deadlines
- To have an awareness of continuous improvements activities and their methodologies
- Experience of coordinating technical training
What we can offer you:
- A bespoke training programme offering access to internal training resources
- A range of flexible working hours are available
- Opportunity to build a strong network within AWE. Access to a range of networks
- Mentor and buddy to support you at work offering support throughout your return to work
- Opportunity to play a part in keeping our country safe and secure
All candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
We expect to hold interviews week commencing 7th June 2021 with a programme start date of October 2021, subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.