Configuration Engineer - Returner Programme
Returners at AWE
AWE are excited to launch our first Returner Programme, in partnership with Working Mums, which is designed to support experienced professionals return to their field following a career break.
The programme will be a 1 year fixed term contract on either a full or part time basis with the possibility of transitioning into a permanent role at the end of the contract.
Location: Reading / Basingstoke area. This role will be based on site at AWE.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Engineer/Technician to work within our Configuration group supporting the design and development of a number of wide ranging, technically challenging projects.
In this role you will have the opportunity to gain experience within the Configuration Management Group and support the implementation of the Corporate Configuration Management Strategy and Standards by providing timely data, initiation of Teamcenter project setup and secretarial duties for the Configuration Board.
Responsibilities will include:
- Help ensure each programme / project has a compliant and current Configuration Management Plan (CMP)
- Support the mandated use of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and CM toolsets (Teamcenter) across each programme
- Provide a secretariat to the Configuration Board, meeting calendar, agenda, minutes and action tracking
- Provision of data and data reports to support the CM Group with Status Accounting across the product lifecycle
- Provide a Continuous Improvement focus for CM
Essential criteria and experience required:
- Minimum 2 year career break from your profession
- Commitment to the 1 year contract
- An appreciation of product lifecycle engineering methodologies, principles and processes
- Qualified apprenticeship or equivalent vocational qualification in a STEM discipline or supported by practical experience
- Strong organisational skills and knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to communicate information and data to colleagues both verbally and written
What we can offer you:
- A bespoke training programme offering access to internal training resources
- A range of flexible working hours are available
- Opportunity to build a strong network within AWE Access to a range of networks
- Mentor and buddy to support you at work offering support throughout your return to work
- Opportunity to play a part in keeping our country safe and secure
All candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
We expect to hold interviews week commencing 7th June 2021 with a programme start date of October 2021, subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.