Laboratory Technician - Returner Programme
Returners at AWE
AWE are excited to launch our first Returner Programme, in partnership with workingmums.co.uk, which is designed to support experienced professionals return to their field following a career break.
The programme will be a 1 year fixed term contract on either a full or part time basis with the possibility of transitioning into a permanent role at the end of the contract.
Location: Reading / Basingstoke area. This role will be based on site at AWE.
The role will support a team of Scientists within our Radiochemistry team. You will be attached to a project which is required to look at sample preparation procedures and provide analysis.
The successful candidate would work within the radiochemistry laboratories providing chemical analysis in support of the AWE regulatory programme.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the provision of experimental/ technical capabilities assigned to your responsibility
- Provide technical support to internal stakeholders to ensure that experimental/ technical capabilities are available to meet team delivery targets, as defined by the relevant programmes and/ or tasking
- Promote Right First-Time quality culture
- Undertake work in compliance with Company processes, standards, and procedures
- Support continuous improvement activities within the local area
Essential criteria and experience required:
- Minimum 2 year career break from your profession
- Commitment to the 1 year contract
- Experience working in a laboratory or technical environment
- Awareness of safe systems of work and best practice in a laboratory environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to communicate information and data to colleagues both verbally and written
What we can offer you:
- A bespoke training programme offering access to internal training resources
- A range of flexible working hours are available
- Opportunity to build a strong network within AWE Access to a range of networks
- Mentor and buddy to support you at work offering support throughout your return to work
- Opportunity to play a part in keeping our country safe and secure
All candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
We expect to hold interviews week commencing 7th June 2021 with a programme start date of October 2021, subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.