Administrative Assistant - Part Time
1 day left
- Contract Type
Let's help build your future by finding a home for your talent!
In a Nutshell:
We have a great opportunity for Administration Assistant to join our team within Vistry Housebuilding Northern Home Counties, at our Milton Keynes office. This is an ideal role for a competent and experienced administrator who will report into the Office Manager. This varied role will suit a dynamic and flexible individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
What we would like from you:
Key Responsibilities -
- Assist with administrative tasks provided by the wider company including printing, typing, binding, laminating, scanning etc
- Assist with filing, archiving, scanning and general document administration and ad hoc support across all departments.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls
- Maintain all aspects of office and construction site filing systems, including Health and Safety files.
- Ensuring the meeting room is clean and tidy ready for the next meeting
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems
- Retrieve documents from filing system
- Handle requests for information, data and renewals
- Assist with resolving administrative enquiries from the wider group
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments across all departments
- Answering switchboard in a timely and polite manner and transferring calls. Emailing messages as required
- Receiving visitors and informing of arrivals. Ensuring visitors sign in/out and use the relevant parking spaces
- Coordinating deliveries and collections including the booking of couriers
- Keep reception area tidy and presentable at all times
- Stocktake stationery for the office and order as required
- Updating region's forms including telephone lists/site lists etc as required
- Booking of meeting rooms, order food and make refreshments for meetings
- Tidy meeting rooms when vacated
- Monitoring signing in/out system for all office staff
- Dealing with incoming post - open/date and deliver/scan to each department and collection/franking of outgoing post
- Assist with any administrative tasks provided by the PA to MD including mail shots, binding, laminating, scanning etc.
- GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent) at grade C or above
- Administration positions held previously
- Previous office environment experience
- Worked in a reactive & fast paced position previously
- A high standard of IT literacy, including full proficiency in Microsoft 365 - Word, Excel, Teams, Sharepoint, Outlook, Onedrive.
- Demonstrable process implementation skills, including workload management.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office environment
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Organised and efficient
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a larger team
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience in working in a face paced, changing environment where priorities can change daily.
- Administrative qualifications
- Previous housebuilding/construction experience
The Good Stuff:
Vistry Homes is a fast paced and exciting place to work. We offer our employees multiple opportunities to learn, develop and nurture successful careers with us.
Some of our key benefits include…
- Competitive salary and package
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- Sharesave scheme
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance (role and geographic dependant)
- Support with a professional membership
Let's tell you a bit more about us…
Vistry Group came together at the start of 2020, bringing together the energy, talent and deep-rooted experience of Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Vistry Partnerships. With a wide range of skills, experience and backgrounds - we have come together to live our values of Integrity, Caring and Quality.
We are all about people, and it is our people, around 3000 of us, who have created a UK top-five housebuilder, with a five-star rating. We care about the wellbeing of our people and we value diversity and inclusion, seeking to create a supportive, dynamic environment where talented and dedicated people can develop their career.
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us here at Vistry Group - we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us - we will always be happy to help.