We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
What is the purpose of this role?
We have a role that has become available to be part of our MOJ team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical. You will be working very closely with HMPPS to deliver critical service.
We have a role that has become available to be part of our MOJ team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical.
20 hours per week (full days required)
What will this role involve?
- Accepting deliveries into the establishment as determined by the site delivery schedules which can require flexibility from stores personnel.
- Supporting the team in core delivery of stores function.
- Receipting deliveries and ensuring departments within the establishment are aware of deliveries within a timely manner.
- Ensuring that deliveries are made on time to all end users and receiving staff.
- That inventory counts are accurate, remaining adequately stocked without unnecessary waste.
- Maintain stock levels within the main stores building, outside storage areas and containers maintaining accurate details.
- Receive internal orders via requisitions, seek approval from the relevant budget holders, pick the order and ensure that it is ready for collection/delivery in a timely manner.
- Maintaining a good client relationship through collaborative working, sound communication and raising issues with Amey management in a timely manner if any issues arise.
What are we looking for?
- Amey will complete a DBS and client vetting upon successful interview.
- Able to deliver a positive impact and sees efficiency as a top priority.
- Experienced in a Stores role (desirable)
- Manual handling.
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure all works are carried out to the highest safety standards and to the agreed method statements. This is a great opportunity to join a well-established contract within a custodial environment.