Service Desk Analyst - Flexible Working Available
Willmott Dixon are looking for a Service Desk Analyst to join our busy IT Service Desk Team to provide first class customer service and support to users throughout our business. The team is Letchworth based and the role will involve a combination of both office and remote based working.
Why should you apply to Willmott Dixon? Our talented IT team have worked tirelessly throughout 2020 to provide the business with a best in class IT service that has kept the business running in the face of the challenges that the last year has thrown at us. They are a great team to work with and would describe themselves as: -
- Genuine and friendly
- Innovative and keen to improve
- Responsive to customer needs
Not only are they a genuinely nice bunch of people, they are also passionate about ensuring that the business has the technical toolset that they need to stay ahead of the competition. This means that the business has invested heavily within IT over the last couple of years and will continue to do so throughout 2021 and beyond!
What does this mean for our Service Desk Team? Our customers are really important to us and we strive to provide our customers with the best experience possible with every contact that they have with the team. Within this role you will be the first point of contact with our end users, you will be the face / voice of IT and you will be working with customers to provide timely solutions to their technical issues.
With this in mind, we are looking for people that have exceptional customer service skills with a desire to help people and to provide a solution to their problem. You will ideally be a fast learner with an interest in IT and technology and a desire to add to your technical skills and knowledge. Previous experience within an IT based role is not required for this role, we will provide the training and support that an individual may require to be successful in this position.
Contact will be made via 4 channels, telephone, self-service, chat and e-mail. The expectation is for most contacts to be resolved at the desk.
In addition to providing this service to end users, there will also be a requirement to perform Request Fulfilment, Change requests, Major Incident and pro-active Problem Management. It is a fully central team that will be an integral part in how IT Support is managed and provided to the business.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Previous experience within a customer service focused role
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Telephone based customer support
- Familiar with ITIL principles
- Knowledge of Microsoft O365 and Windows 10
- Previously worked on an IT service desk
Genuine and Friendly
- show kindness by respecting and caring for each other
- are not afraid to make mistakes and accept that sometimes we get things wrong
- are open to feedback, opinions and ideas
- change "No, but…" to "Yes, if…"
- challenge ways of working that are not meeting our customers' needs
- seek to change scope & timescales to customers' needs
- take a bigger picture overview
- keep it simple
- take the time to explain issues
- speak plainly and avoid using jargon
- try to listen and understand
Innovative & keen to improve
- take leaps of faith without fear of failure
- listen to all ideas with an open mind
- are curious and experimental
- seek feedback from our customers in order to learn and improve
- set time aside to be creative
Responsive to customer needs
- respond quickly and expect appropriate expectations
- Listen to what our colleagues and customers have to say
- try to understand our customers' point of view
- proactively keep people updated
- take time to have fun
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and will consider flexible and agile working. We are a disability confident employer.
In return we reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full / heavily discounted private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has recently been awarded 5thplace in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community and have recently achieved the Platinum Investors in People accreditation.