Business Development Director, Rail, Transport and Logistics - Flexible Working Available
Business Development Director, Rail, Transport and Logistics
Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with pro forma annual revenue of circa € 12 billion and circa 100,000 employees in 72 countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Cyber-security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline.
We are recruiting for a Business Development to identify, shape and qualify new deals typically in the value of £20-50m across the logistics sector. These are multi-service deals across the whole Atos portfolio including analytics, digital, managed services/ITO, BPO, consultancy, and cloud.
The ideal candidate will have a 60/40 skill split. Where 60% is a background of high value solution & services sales in ITO, EUC and BPO with the remaining 40% being in-depth focus market background and understanding.
The focus of this role is to consistently identify and develop qualified new business pipeline for their dedicated market.
- To understand and be able to articulate customer’s key business objectives and challenges in order to match Atos solutions required to support objectives and solve challenges at C level to win business
- To translate business requirements into solid proposals, and to translate complex IT issues & solutions back into the business language of the client
- Assemble and lead teams inside Atos to help you win opportunities, engaging people able to demonstrate depth and capability in Atos
- To build an account plan for each BD target account
- Commercial acumen
- Be accountable for developing business in territory and achieve or exceed set targets
- Proficient ability of selling ITO, BPO, Professional Services (individuals), solutions (e.g. applications management, managed technical services) and software led services, into large client organisations
- Use training to Business Develop on value rather than price
- Building and managing pipeline
- To qualify early in the sales process where neither Atos nor customer will benefit from working together, as well minimizing wasting resources including time and money and focusing on what delivers the best value
- To build key client relationships quickly utilising network available
- Winning mentality
- Embrace and be proficient at using standard tools and methodology of sales community to develop new business
- Focus on qualifying each opportunity continually from moment of discovery and collaborate closely with BDD to agree what should be pursued or dropped
- To effectively achieve Balanced Scorecard and participate in Sales Community
- To take ownership of achieving your Personal Development Plan
- To qualify sales opportunity effectively and work well with service lines closely to create relevant solutions promptly, creating clear win plans including marketing to close opportunity
- To know what will differentiate Atos on every pursued opportunity and connect with other areas of Atos successfully to formulate winning responses
- Seek coaching and mentoring from your Business Development Director, SVP Sales, Sector Heads and actively request field sales accompaniment
- To forecast accurately and on a timely basis through the Rainbow and CRM process
- To use the Rainbow process effectively and follow the correct internal process to help handle risk to Atos and the client and work the internal system so that there is maximum time spent in front of the customer
- To understand competitive environment and put strategy in place that out maneuvers competition
- Take Service Line Leadership team and presales organisation out to see clients early on, so they can support you, gain good understanding of client requirements, build winning solutions and help you to qualify opportunity before it gets to PURSUIT stage of Rainbow
- Identify, qualify and develop strategic business with long sales cycles and complex stakeholder maps
- To assemble all of your Contact Data cleanly in the CRM tool and use it effectively to share knowledge and store the progress of opportunities
- Creation, identification and development of key opportunities
- To articulate a strategic Partner/Alliance strategy and apply it to develop incremental business with the right partners on each opportunity to deliver incremental revenue
- Creating, identifying, recognising and leading sales / solution growth opportunities across the territory
- Ability to maximize the sales opportunity by ensuring that Atos full capability is deployed; design, build, operate and aligned to the relevant sector
- Navigation ability
- Able to enroll Atos resources, either internal or external in support of sales opportunities to close new business, as well as navigating and co-ordinate those resources to reduce complexity and cycle time
- Enhance brand
- To actively pursue references from closed opportunities and work with marketing to develop case studies
Key Success Factors
- To exceed overall target and by the end of H1 to be at least 50% of total TCV target
- To apply sales training to win more and be actively practicing it in the field
- To actively be using the CRM system with entire customer contact data submitted cleanly
- Performance of the business development manager against sales target by doing the ‘right things’
- Enroll reference customers with business value case studies for solutions and relationship
- Willingness of customer for further investment
- Potential projects uncovered, pipeline growth across brands and services
- Improve performance whilst reducing our and clients' costs
- Customer looks to Atos for strategic advisory expertise.
What essential skills do I need to qualify for the role?
- Direct experience and evidence of generating multi service deals in the region above of £20m is crucial.
- Experience of navigating through internal governance and compliance within a complex matrix organisation.
What we need from our BDD to be successful with us:
- To be focused in approach to winning to make it a repeatable formula, and be the best they can be to deliver and exceed targets
- Competent in producing detailed proposals and written reports
- Competent in preparing and delivering winning presentations, creating innovative solutions and presenting these to large audiences.
- A solid knowledge of IT Solutions for business benefit and an effective communicator at all levels including C level.
- Understanding of customer’s core values and application of Atos core values, delivering solutions that increase customer satisfaction and investment in Atos.
- To handle internal and external stakeholders effectively, communicating both positive and negative news well!
- Ability to continually build trust, sustain it and empower people internally and externally to support you.
- Broad view of industry, competitors and other relevant industries, with the skill to innovate with people, solutions and process in a pragmatic way
- Can build rapport and win hearts and minds quickly!
- To have the ability to enhance Atos reputation with the customer and increase brand awareness and value, by having frequent ongoing contact with key people who impact decisions on projects, business and IT strategy
- Must be able to handle complexity
- Easily builds unique competencies and with required resources differentiate Atos from the competition
Compensation and Benefits
A great incentive to join the Atos team is the market competitive range of benefits that the Company provides. These include a competitive salary, as well as a number of core benefits, such as; 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays; private medical insurance, which all new starters will be automatically opted into; an attractive stakeholder pension scheme, with employer contributions of up to 10% basic salary; Life Assurance; Income Protection; Personal Accident Insurance; and Season Ticket Loan. In addition to this Atos operates a flexible benefits scheme that allows you to purchase discounted products and services. Additionally, comprehensive training and development is delivered in a variety of ways, leading to accreditation if required.
Here at Atos, we want all of our people to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be themselves at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have built a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong! Flexible working arrangements are also considered, and we will accommodate where possible.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your CV in either Word, rtf or text format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Business Development Director, Rail, Transport and Logistics - Flexible Working Available
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly