Equipment Delivery Manager
Equipment Delivery Manager
London & Swindon Head Office (with travel)
Due to our continued growth and exciting new initiatives across our UK retail estate, as well as the ongoing running of our 1100 stores, we are currently recruiting a Buildings Compliance Manager to join our talented Maintenance team. This role requires 1 - 2 days a week in our Swindon or London Head Office and will include frequent travel across the UK, therefore flexibility is essential.
The Equipment Delivery Manager manages the implementation of sales floor light equipment for new store and refurbishment projects as well as commercial initiative roll-outs, including acrylics, fixturing, security equipment, navigational signage and POS.
The role involves working on a large number of exciting concept developments and roll-outs across all of our retail formats, from airports, hospitals, railway stations, shopping centres and high streets both in the UK and abroad, predominantly focussed on our UK & International Travel formats.
As well as the main WHSmith shop format the team also manage work on a number of other retail environments including coffee, convenience food and tech stores, as well as managing the implant of concessions into our space. The work is varied, fast paced and rewarding, and you will at the forefront of delivering these exciting retail experiences to our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
• Delivering the agreed equipment scope in store
• Delivery of allocated projects on time, to budget and to highest quality.
• Managing the equipment delivery standards as part of new builds and refurbishments.
• Liaising with layout teams to ensure equipment required to support the delivery of the project brief as agreed by the business is identified.
• Liaising with the ranging teams to ensure they have all the information they need on specific kit requirements for any given assortment
• Working side by side with the Construction Project Manager to ensure all equipment is delivered to the correct standard and specification.
• Supporting the Project delivery Manager in delivering new concept design details.
• Supporting the Project delivery Manager in managing the “concept to core” design and standards process for equipment
What we are looking for:
• A collaborative approach to problem solving
• A focus on cost effective efficient design/delivery.
• Has detailed critical eye for detail and finishes
• Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to interact at all levels of seniority
• A ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to manage any challenges
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, and provide clarity to project teams
• A team player who can self-manage, yet is willing and able to support colleagues and share best practice
• Ability to plan and prioritise multiple activities and juggle prioritise effectively
• The ability to constructively challenge the norm
• Exceptional time management and organisation skills
• Is passionate about delivering all equipment first time every time
• Actively looks for new ways to improve process and delivery efficiency
• Fosters productive and trusting working relationships with external and internal colleagues.
• Manages contractor and supplier performance within the remit of their role.
• You will manage multiple projects at any one time; therefore, the ability to manage a demanding workload and changing business needs is a must.
• Full UK driving license
• Has experience within the retail equipment sector
• Proven track record of success
• Experience of managing 3rd party contractors.
• An understanding of retail equipment manufacturing process and materials, and managing supplier relationships would be advantageous