Project Management Analyst
Project Management Analyst
Willmott Dixon are currently recruiting for a Project Management Analyst to join the project services team within our IT department. This person will be involved in the management and delivery of technology and application applications projects. The IT team are based at our Head Office in Letchworth and this role will involve a combination of both remote and office based working
Why should you apply to Willmott Dixon? Our talented IT team have worked tirelessly throughout 2020 to provide the business with a best in class IT service that has kept the business running in the face of the challenges that the last year has thrown at us. They are a great team to work with and would describe themselves as: -
- Genuine and friendly
- Innovative and keen to improve
- Responsive to customer needs
Not only are they a genuinely nice bunch of people, they are also passionate about ensuring that the business has the technical toolset that they need to stay ahead of the competition. This means that the business has invested heavily within IT over the last couple of years and will continue to do so throughout 2021 and beyond!
What does this mean for our project services team? Investment in technology is driven by our business needs, and we strive to deliver a best in class technology stack which is fit for purpose for a modern construction business. The project services team provides governance and leads IT projects through initiation, planning, delivery and completion, ensuring that projects are delivered and measured against time, cost and quality.
The Project Management Analyst role will be quite varied and fast paced in nature so the ideal candidate will need to be flexible in their approach and able to manage shifting priorities.
They will be involved in managing technology, applications and end user services projects. Ultimately, they will need to ensure all projects are delivered to the customers expectations by using their great relationship skills and ability to work within agreed standards and budgets.
The successful candidate will maintain practical processes using best-practice methodologies and systems across all technology functions, ensuring Willmott Dixon achieves maximum value, performance, and realised benefits from the projects delivered. They will also be accountable for the ongoing management of internal and external stakeholders and their integration with internal teams to provide consistent and coherent IT services that underpin agreed service levels, targets, compliance/accreditation, and customer requirements.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Build and maintain good collaborative working-relationships with internal and external project stakeholders.
* Provide a high quality project management & communications resource to all divisions within the Willmott Dixon Group and, where applicable, their third-party clients and third party suppliers.
* To work with the Project Services team in defining and maintaining an excellent Project Service.
* Ensure that all project documentation is produced to a high standard and distributed to the agreed plan.
* Ensure that all project risks and issues are identified and pro-actively managed through closure or implementing mitigating actions.
* Organise and manage own workload effectively to meet all project timescales and manager's expectations.
* Collaborate with other teams in identifying areas for improvement and maintain a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of Project Management.
* Ensure all reports such as the management reports, project portfolio report and resource plans are updated on a regular basis.
* Drive the adoption of industry standard and common practices, including methodologies such as ITIL, MSP and PRINCE2.
* Define process for resource planning and ensure that resource requirements are effectively forecast.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
You will ideally have proven experience of:
* Stakeholder management
* Proactively liaising with staff in non Technical manner.
* Delivery of IT projects within a Prince 2 and Agile environment
* Using Microsoft Suite of Office programmes including Visio, Powerpoint and Project
* Setting and achieving project milestones.
* Reading and accurately interpreting technical and project specifications and plans.
* Possessing a good range of general IT knowledge
* Direct experience or at least good working knowledge of the software development lifecycle
* Efficient and sustainable use of all project resources
* Working within a matrix management structure
* Working in a fast paced environment, balancing agility with operating practices
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Building strong internal and external relationships
* Degree qualified in Computing or related discipline or equivalent experience.
* ITIL Foundation
* Prince 2 Practitioner
Genuine and Friendly
* show kindness by respecting and caring for each other
* are not afraid to make mistakes and accept that sometimes we get things wrong
* are open to feedback, opinions and ideas
* change "No, but…" to "Yes, if…"
* challenge ways of working that are not meeting our customers' needs
* seek to change scope & timescales to customers' needs
* take a bigger picture overview
* keep it simple
* take the time to explain issues
* speak plainly and avoid using jargon
* try to listen and understand
Innovative & keen to improve
* take leaps of faith without fear of failure
* listen to all ideas with an open mind
* are curious and experimental
* seek feedback from our customers in order to learn and improve
* set time aside to be creative
Responsive to customer needs
* respond quickly and expect appropriate expectations
* Listen to what our colleagues and customers have to say
* try to understand our customers' point of view
* proactively keep people updated
* take time to have fun
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and will consider flexible and agile working. We are a disability confident employer.
In return we reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full / heavily discounted private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
With nearly 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose beyond profit is to deliver brilliant buildings, transform lives, strengthen communities, and enhance the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and trusted privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths.
We hold two Queen's Awards for Enterprise (for Sustainable Development and Social Mobility) and hold numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!