Group Management Accountant
Willmott Dixon is currently looking to recruit a Group Management Accountant on a 12 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave. The role is based in Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire and will involve a mixture of working in the office and home working.
About the Finance Team
The Group Finance Team is responsible for providing centralised finance support to the main board and to the individual LCOs. The team comprises 50 people across Accounting, Accounts Payable, Treasury, Payroll and Sub- Contractor Payments teams. The key responsibilities of the Finance Team are
- Providing timely and accurate monthly Management Reporting
- Production of all statutory reporting including biannual Group accounts
- Tax and Compliance
- Good Partner and Works Partner payments
- Treasury and accounts receivable
About the role
This role sits within the Accounting Team responsible for servicing the Group's operating business units and as a Group Management Accountant you will act as the main finance contact for one of our individual business units, with an emphasis on providing a first class service to our internal customer.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Develop a close working relationship with the other members of the accounting team.
- Take ownership and responsibility of all assigned tasks.
- Liaise efficiently with operating business units of the Group, communicating clearly and concisely with non-finance staff.
- Provide first class customer service to all internal customers, answering queries quickly and accurately.
- Use initiative to solve problems and explore different solutions to a problem.
- Lead by example for junior members of the team.
- Contribute to month end management reporting to the Board.
- Contribute to quarterly financial reporting.
- Contribute to year end audit process.
- Ensure all tasks are completed by the required deadline.
- Ensure that sensitive information remains totally confidential.
- Help to ensure all IT systems are working accurately.
- Help to maintain financial controls in the Finance Team.
- Fixed asset accounting
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Excellent Academic record.
- You will be a qualified accountant or qualified by experience
- You will have experience liaising with non-finance people in senior roles.
- Be an expert in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience of month end management accounting and reporting
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience of working in the Construction industry
- Use of CODA
- Use of Power BI
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.In return we provide you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package to fit your lifestyle and priorities, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos and a chance to develop your career of a lifetime!
With over 160 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2020 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.