Compliance Projects Coordinator - Part Time
Compliance Projects Coordinator
Do you like taking your dog for a walk in the morning? Do you like going for a swim at lunchtime? And do you like being able to pick up the children from school in the afternoon? If one or all of the above are true, then Apollo is the place for you.
At Apollo Underwriting we are currently looking for a Compliance Projects Coordinator to join our Compliance team.
Reporting to the Compliance Manager you will assist in the Compliance functions with Apollo Syndicate and Apollo Partners LLP to ensure the regulatory requirements the business faces are met.
Please note this is a permanent position and we are open for applications from those who would be looking for a part-time, flexible role.
- Assisting the Head of Compliance in ensuring the Agency’s compliance with: duties to syndicate capital providers, FCA/PRA Regulations, Lloyd’s Acts, Byelaws, Regulations and Minimum Standards, applicable Companies Acts, relevant overseas legislation and any conditions of registration;
- To keep abreast of relevant regulatory developments (FCA/PRA, Lloyd’s, overseas etc.,)
- Assisting relevant staff in the understanding of the regulatory environment and Lloyd’s non-financial reporting requirements;
- To assist in ensuring that adequate compliance systems and controls (including automated exception reporting) are in place and understood by all relevant staff;
- Delivery of compliance and conduct MI to the Board, Executive Committee and CCWG
- Provide monthly reports to the Operations Committee on Data Privacy and Protection matters
- Support the compliance team with the delivery of compliance projects
Essential Skills & Attributes
- Familiarity with compliance requirements in the Lloyd’s market
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior managers and underwriters
- Experience of dealing with regulators
- Excellent influencing skills
- Reputation for independence and ethical decision-making
Working from home during the pandemic:
At Apollo, we are continuing to recruit, and onboard new hires supported by our flexible work options which include 100% working from home during the pandemic.
We place the health and wellbeing of our employees at the forefront of what we do and we’ve invested in providing a high level of support for our employees, offering equipment to support home-working, flexible working options, weekly online exercise classes and access to tutors to help with home schooling. We also offer all staff access to a 24/7 support helpline and private one on one sessions to help with mental health.
We’re continuing on our journey to create an ever more inclusive & diverse culture, supported by a new smarter approach to working. We want to make sure everyone is looked after and supported.
At Apollo we have the following values and all employees should consider these in their day to day roles
- Innovation in ideas and actions
- Agile and flexible working
- Two way honest and respectful feedback
- Being professional and respectful
- Taking responsibility for our impact on others
- Support, collaboration and inclusivity
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we will provide reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact us about your needs so that we can discuss these with you to make sure that suitable adjustments are made, where possible.