Risk Manager - Part Time & Flexible Working Available
This is an exciting time to be joining the National Audit Office (NAO). We are currently implementing our new strategy following a wide-ranging review into the role and purpose of the NAO. This role is situated within one of our six centers of expertise hubs and will play a key role in improving the use of knowledge within our organisation and communicating what we know with the outside world. We are looking for an experienced manager for our Financial and Risk Management hub to support the work in this important area of our work, bringing together insights from within the NAO, across government, and from international practice. This is an opportunity to deploy one’s subject matter expertise to help shape one of our strategic priorities at an important and challenging time for public services in the UK.
The successful candidate will co-manage a core hub team supporting a wider network of financial audit and value for money delivery teams across the NAO; contribute to building expertise networks externally with government and wider expert communities; develop and share knowledge and methodologies; contribute directly to our financial audit work and value for money studies as required; and build expertise among our talented and enthusiastic colleagues.
• As part of an integrated team, lead the risk management component of the core Financial and Risk Management hub team, as a centre of expertise, provide knowledge and support to the delivery teams, and shape or develop relevant hub risk products or service offerings
• Facilitating the provision of expert advice and opinion on managing finance and risk management in government organisations which will help support our delivery
• Developing a network across the NAO to help curate and develop insights and knowledge about financial and risk management practices across government
• Contributing to knowledge development and supporting our financial audit and value for money delivery teams disseminate our work effectively
• Contributing to building external networks and plans for engagement with expert communities in government and other sectors
For further information on the responsibilities, please see the following link to the candidate pack: http://tiny.cc/xgdwtz
• Sound knowledge of risk management best practice and experience in Operational Risk with a bias for any or a combination of the following risk domains: Climate, Sustainability, Cybersecurity Digital or Non-Financial Risk Management
• Strong understanding of the challenges of financial and risk management in government and appropriate risk management responses
• Experience developing and maintaining risk management and risk appetite frameworks; proven competence in horizon scanning, stress testing and scenario analysis; strong knowledge and application of key operational risk management tools, risk and control self-assessments, risk metrics, risk events and incident management; experience conducting root cause analysis, risk register maintenance, risk profiling and risk reporting; policy, standards, principles development and governance capability; promoting the three lines of defence model and embedding a strong risk culture across a fairly complex organisation.
For further information on the skills and experience required, please see the following link to the candidate pack: http://tiny.cc/xgdwtz
• Relevant professional risk qualification
• Significant experience in Operational Risk/Non-Financial Risk management, within a complex environment
• MBA or MSc in related field
• Experience or knowledge of public sector and government