Senior UX Designer
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer from a product driven background, who is able to come up with fresh ideas and not be afraid to communicate them. You’ll regularly use empathy, logic and your knowledge of User Experience to inform writing and design choices. Applicants will lead UX efforts for cross-functional and cross-platform projects, working collaboratively and transparently while maintaining high standards regarding best-practice, accessibility standards, etc. in order to influence product vision as part of a multidisciplinary UX Design team.
- Contribute to the strategy for user experience design projects across a full range of online platforms and brands. Ensuring products embrace the values of their audience(s) and the needs of our business.
- Execute experience design solutions for responsive web, mobile and connected TVs.
- Communicate openly and transparently with business and technology stakeholders
- Use research, data and work closely with UX Researchers to design products that meet both user and business needs. Evolvie experiences to reflect user trends and emerging technologies.
- Validate products and features with users, ensuring experiences are useful and usable by the broadest of audiences in a global context.
- Work within the UXD Team in collaboration with Business, Product and Engineering colleagues to define requirements and deliver innovative solutions through a User Centred Design approach.
- Ensure that the experience design output is viewed as a leading innovator by the media industry and international audiences.
- Ensure the design output is scalable and can support the breadth of their online products and brands.
You will have experience with user-centered design, and come from an agile background with the following experience:
- Expertise of User Centred Design processes
- Experience in translating audience research and business requirements into effective experience design solutions.
- Experienced in applying UX Research & Testing findings, as well as knowledge of UX Research & Testing best practices - utilising both Qualitative & Quantitative methodologies.
- Ability to produce user journeys, flow diagrams, wireframes, sitemaps, functional specifications, guidelines and client facing documentation.
- Ability to visualise experiences through sketches, storyboards, mockups and prototypes.
- Expert user of a wide range of digital tools for conceptualising, designing and prototyping e.g. Axure, UX Testing tools (e.g. UserZoom) Adobe CS, Sketch, Invision, Principle etc...
- Expertise in usability and accessibility including the ability to plan and facilitate usability testing sessions to evaluate designs and identify the needs of our users.
- Expertise in the field of information architecture.
- Experience in working with multiple brands / stake-holders across a range of platforms.
- Experience contributing to the creation/ maintenance of Design Systems.
Ideally you’ll have this too:
- Experience in designing Video on Demand products / OTT services highly valuable.
- A deep understanding of how audiences interact with these services across responsive web, mobile and connected TVs/ devices.
- Experience in designing video on demand subscription services.
- Experience of working in a digital media/broadcast company.
- Experience applying UCD processes across multiple platforms/ technologies.
Please respond by submitting your CV, as well as your UX Portfolio that includes case studies evidencing the above points.