Lead Recruiter - GT&O
The Lead Recruiter is responsible for the acquisition and placement of top talent both internally and externally to support the growth of Discovery’s Global Technology and Operations function (GT&O)
This role serves as key business partner to line managers across GT&O to ensure best in class attraction, sourcing, assessment, selection and on boarding of candidates and to ensure that Discovery is viewed as an ‘Employer of Choice’ Internationally.
- Delivering an industry-leading recruitment service that optimises the fit between expectations of the market, candidates and clients.
- Leveraging creative and innovative recruiting techniques to engage and excite top tier talent.
- Proactively developing strategic ‘Talent Pipelines’ for key and recurring roles across the business.
- Strategic promotion of the employment brand of Discovery, through a focused direct approach to identifying and attracting talent to Discovery.
- Working closely with the Hiring Manager to ensure a quality driven, cost effective and timely level of service to the business in order to fulfil their recruitment needs.
- Working closely with the regional People & Culture team to understand the future talent requirements within the GT&O business.
- Delivering an excellent customer experience through a drive for quality in the end-to-end recruitment process for GT&O.
- Reviewing job descriptions, competency profiles, selection and assessment toolkits and advertising copy that will appeal to the identified audience and accurately represents Discovery as a a great place to work.
- Market mapping for new markets and markets where talent is scarce.
- Providing consultative expertise and best practice on the recruitment market across all levels of the business.
- Serving as a Recruitment ‘Champion’ of Discovery and a credible ambassador for the company, promoting Discovery as an Employer of Choice at all times.
- Developing a deliverable resourcing plan, working with P&C to link the Resourcing Strategy into the overall business People Plan.
- Building a deep understanding of the talent markets across Technology and IT.
- Experience hiring Technology and IT talent within a high-volume and fast paced internal Talent Acquisition function
- Working in partnership with internal clients, the role requires a customer-focussed outlook to work proactively to engage the highest calibre individuals to become part of the GT&O success story.
- Relevant experience within Talent Acquisition, in an enviornment where Talent Acquisition operates as a strategic business partner.
- Evidence of active networking and relationship building in relevant markets.
- Evidence of successful direct sourcing in a tech environment.
- Competency based interviewing & assessment skills (both in design and implementation).
- Understands and uses HR processes.
- Ability to develop significant and rewarding relationships with Line Managers, People & Culture and candidates alike.
- A proven ability to influence management decisions in a fast moving tech environment.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent team member, willing to contribute and support others.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Creative approach to problem solving and desire ‘to make things better’.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and work under pressure.
- Excellent communication (written & oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced in Written and Spoken English.