Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.This role demands an experienced national journalist with an exceptional track record of revelatory and people-focused stories. We're looking for someone with a curiosity about the changes that are happening to Britain - socially, ethnically, and constitutionally. We'd want you to investigate communities in Britain, however defined, and ask probing questions about how they're treated, what's happening to them, and how modern life is changing. You'd need to be able to elicit the everyday experience of people whilst also appreciating data and empirical evidence. When you engage with institutions, we want you to usually do so because you're holding those institutions to account, not because you're dependent on them for access.As a specialist correspondent within Sky News you would be a senior member of our onscreen team; our first port of call for major stories on your brief; a significant face of the Sky News brand.What you'll do:
- To help shape the strategic direction of our coverage, across all platforms, in your field.
- To deliver strong and creative journalism for all Sky News platforms.
- To react swiftly and authoritatively to any story.
- To develop your contacts and bring your own stories to fruition.
- To be willing to work anywhere in the UK or abroad when required.
- Be a motivated, enthusiastic and collaborative journalist.
- Be driven to break stories first and beat the opposition.
- A demonstrable ability to deliver original, creative and innovative treatments and stories for all platforms.
- A passion for social media and the knack to use it to find, develop and deliver stories.
- A willingness to travel around the UK and on occasion abroad.
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband