Bid Coordinator - Flexible Working Available
We have an exceptional opportunity to recruit a highly motivated and ambitious Bid/Proposal Coordinator in the North West due to an internal promotion.
Willmott Dixon is driven by our customers' aims and aspirations, delivering outstanding work, providing a great service and excellent value for money. To this day we remain family-owned and take pride in our core values. We are passionate about people and have a real focus and drive around continuous development; this has been proven by our 5th placed ranking in the 'Times Top 100' best companies to work, Times Top 50 employers for women 2020 as well as our platinum award for 'Investing In People'. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future, a trusted brand and offer a career of a lifetime!
The successful Bid Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the bid process to provide quality support to the Bid Manager and actively work to enhance the quality of bids. You will also be able to assess technical bid requirements and assist the Bid Manager to shape the proposals.
You will be based in our Oldham office but we also know that work isn't the only important aspect of your life so we are happy to support flexible working and working from home wherever possible.
- Liaise with our business development team to gather background information for future projects
- Manage and complete PQQ's/EOI's and market engagement submissions and work alongside Bid Managers coordinating tender submissions.
- Development of responses that are attractive, concise and bring out the benefits of our offer with a focus on the highest quality of language and technical accuracy
- Re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, ensuring consistency of responses in terms of themes, messages, key phrases and keywords
- Develop innovative ways of sharing and presenting information
- Record, analyse and apply client bid feedback to future responses to drive continuous improvement
- Can develop and advise on the layout to create the best impact
- Manage and update the bid library
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- An ability to manage a team and keep them focused on the 1st stage goals
- Able to demonstrate a high standard of writing, copywriting and editing
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- A writing qualification or training
- Degree in English or History
- Previous Bid/Proposal Coordinator or Writer experience
We reward our people generously with a competitive salary and a market-leading benefits package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
In return we provide you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package to fit your lifestyle and priorities, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos and a chance to develop your career of a lifetime!
Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are family run and dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our passion is to create spectacular outcomes for our customers in the knowledge that our projects have a hugely beneficial impact on the UK's economic growth and prosperity.
We are also passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years, underlined by placing 5th in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For - better than any other construction company. Times Top 50 employers for women 2020 as well as our platinum award for 'Investing In People'
Add to that our numerous other awards, including three Queen's Awards for Enterprise in five years; our industry-leading approach to sustainability - we have been carbon neutral since 2012; and a strong financial position, with 100% UK turnover and no bank borrowings…we believe we truly can offer a career of a lifetime.