Highways Maintenance Operative
What is the purpose of this role?
- To undertake the installation of temporary traffic management, and all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civils' works, and litter picking.
What will this role involve?
- Maintain high technical standards
- Attend project and work briefings as required
- Drive/operate vehicles/plant requiring general and specialist skills including vehicle checks, routine maintenance, (e.g. oil and water checks) and cleaning
- Undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civil's works, litter picking
- Winter maintenance operations
- Undertake winter and emergency call out and standby
- Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
- Carry out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly filling in defect books
- Record Drivers' hours
- Allocation and capturing time and resource utilisation in line with operated allocation system
- To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
What will this role require?
- Essential: HGV
- Appropriate qualification to relevant trade
- Problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and pro-active in terms of delivering solutions
- Good communication skills
- 12D RTM Operative (Mod T1/T2)
- Abrasive Wheels
- Banksman Slinger
- CAT Scanner (Highways)
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- (HSE) Environmental Awareness
- Tool Box Talk
- Personal Highways Safety
- Manual Handling
- Medicals - Other
What makes this role unique?
- You will help to deliver a best in class service for our client.
- Work area - Highways / M8
- Work Location: 79 Langmuir road Bargeddie Lanarkshire G69 7TU
- Hours of work: 08:00 to 16:30 Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 16:30 Friday
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.