Lead Modern Workplace Engineer
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers and a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
We're in the middle of a £3bn investment into our People, Platforms and Data - with a Software Engineering led approach, all as part of our strategy to become the best bank for customers.
It's the role of our Chief Information Office (CIO) to provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which this bank of the future will reside.
Workplace Engineering are leading the technology development and delivery for these strategic transformational initiatives and is responsible for client and collaboration technology development with Security at its core.
Key to the delivery is a new modern Digital Workplace proposition for in excess of 90,000 colleagues.
We're responsible for technical change to the colleague services and strategic direction across:
- Azure core Security services
- Device, Application & Data Management
- Collaboration & Unified Comms (Voice, Video, SharePoint, Email)
- Office Engineering (Telemetry, Add On management & governance)
- Process Automation
- Active Directory/Identity & Access Mgt
- Application & Desktop Virtualisation
- Cloud (SaaS, PaaS, IoT)
What will you be doing?
As one of our Lead Workplace Engineers you will lead and participate in a team designing, developing and test infrastructure solutions for the whole of LBG. You'd be accountable for the development of these solutions to drive real business benefit. You will be
- Being a technology disruptor - challenging the status quo and bringing a new way of thinking about technology change underpinned by modern principles
- Providing both technical leadership and demonstrating hands on technical expertise whilst designing, building, and implementing workplace technology solutions based on business requirements
- Operating in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work across different technologies and virtual teams simultaneously
- Working closely with and influencing vendors to align their products with LBG strategic goals
- Engaging multiple stakeholders, to gain advocacy and cooperation to enable a successful outcomes to be delivered.
- Developing effective relationships not only across Group CIO Engineering but the entire Engineering community.
So, what about your personal skills?
You must have experience leading design and development of solutions using technology across the following areas:
- Proven experience in developing, designing and testing enterprise solutions using Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Office 365 Productivity and Collaboration Tooling e.g. Teams, Power Platform and emerging technologies.
- Essential to the success of the role will be the ability to engage multiple stakeholders, to gain advocacy and cooperation to enable a successful outcome to be delivered
- A working knowledge of agile would be beneficial, however technical and people leadership skills are essential to ensure successful outcomes are delivered as part of the wider squad/virtual team
- A self-starter who takes ownership, collaborates with the vision to challenge conventional approaches, develop new cloud native capabilities not being constrained in how technology works today as part of your role will be defining the future
- Experience innovating new solutions to meet business requirements where no solutions currently exist
- Experience in using scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Python) with enterprise solutions to investigate, build, design or test change
- Knowledge of modern security best practice including identity driven security, data-centric controls and zero trust
- Knowledge of traditional and modern virtualisation solutions and best practice including an awareness of deploying and managing cloud-hosted compute in Azure, Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of industry Unified Endpoint Management technologies such as Google Workspace, AirWatch, JamF, Citrix and others.
We are also looking for a candidate with high levels of experience across most of these technologies:
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Office 365, Teams, Azure Active Directory, AirWatch, JamF, Citrix, Google Workspace
- Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform,
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Azure Sentinel
So, if you have the Infrastructure experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you.
Together we make it possible.
***There is a degree of flexibility on the location of this role - predominately we're looking for people with the skillsets above. The broad base salary banding across the UK is from £70,080pa to £101,400pa based on experience. Salaries in the London area will be reflected towards the upper end of this bracket***