Assistant Commercial Manager - FTC
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Commercial Manager to join the commercial team on a 12-month fixed term contract (Maternity Cover). This role sits within Amey Consulting and will be supporting the Commercial Manager in the day to day management and administration of contracts relating to the Rail South, Geomatics, Environment & Sustainability aspects of Consulting's business. Commercial support will be required on a varied list of projects
- Undertake tender appraisals
- Risk - assist in identification and pricing of risk on upcoming projects
- Review Works Instructions issued under Group Trading Agreement against submission to ensure all key considerations, assumptions and exclusion have been included prior to issuing for signature.
- Assist in the creation of subcontractor Service Agreements.
- Produce and communicate on all projects.
- Establish payment timetable
- Detail contract particulars, including risks/liabilities etc.
Applications for Payment
- Liaise with Project Manager to review prior to submissions
- Cost - ensure all relevant details as required by the contract have been included.
- Change - ensure provision has been made within the application for identified change
- Review AfP/Cert tracker.
- Pursue certification and payment - raise any late payment issues to line manager
- Establish/manage KPIs against payment applications
- Subcontract procurement
- Assessing and making payments whilst ensuring the relevant notices are issued and all liabilities are assessed and recorded as required.
- Change management
- If subcontractors are known to have contract specific agreements look to incorporate into framework
- Review areas where there is an identified need for future frameworks and discuss with procurement suitable entrants
- Ensure any s/c continue to be approved on Curtis Fitch or other procurement process
- Review change register within CVR
- Ensure changes are being captured and administered as per the relevant contract.
- Review monthly CVR's
- Complete monthly commercial report
- Review Cost to Complete forecast and challenge where necessary
- Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management (or similar) desirable, or ability to demonstrate a proven track record in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management within the sector.
- A solid knowledge of commercial and financial procedures
- Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to deadlines.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word.
- Strong desire to further Client relationships whilst ensuring that contractual entitlements are not compromised.
- Team player
- Motivation and desire to succeed
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Sound knowledge of contracts and awareness of industry issues