Technology Supervisor (Highways)
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
What is the purpose of this role?
As Highways Supervisor you will supervise the Technology Operational Team by managing all routine, cyclical and re-active maintenance activities and elements of emergency response operations. Your role will involve reviewing and analysing performance and daily dashboards. As well as visiting the operatives on site daily to support and help solve any issues.
What will this role involve?
- Plan and schedule works in conjunction with the Area 10 planning team
- To carry out on site visits to engineers to ensure that the work is being done safely, to the required standards and in accordance with the work programme and to carry out HSEA site inspections in accordance with contract instructions. Provide any technical support to engineers as necessary.
- Ensure that the engineers accurately record all work carried out on their PDA/Confirm so that accurate claims can be submitted to the Client and 'as built' details can be provided if required. Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with CDM is applicable
- Brief the engineers via regular tool box talks and safety briefings, ensuring PPE is adhered to correctly and carry out depot safety and environmental inspections in accordance with the contract requirements
- Prepare Duty Rota's for Emergency call outs and for other occasions as required
- Ensure that the engineers have the required permits and plans when required and that they are trained in the use of all equipment
- Engage supply chain when necessary and ensure that their work is done safely and to the required standard
- Ensure that the Engineers are provided with the correct materials and traffic management for their work and that it is used in accordance with the specification, and with minimal waste
- Arrange training for employees as necessary and in accordance with the training matrix
- Interview prospective employees in conjunction with others
- Mentor employee and apprentices as required