Procurement Project Manager - 12 month Fixed Term
Here at Amey we have an opportunity for a Procurement Project Manager to join the Group on a 12 month fixed term basis, working remotely.
Working within the broader Source-to-Pay (S2P) programme this is a hands on role, working specifically as a Project Manager for the procurement improvement projects. This role will report through to the Procurement Leadership team and to the Transformation Programme Director.
You will be responsible for the co-ordination of activities across the nominated Procurement owners, operating within the agreed governance approach of the programme to ensure the effective delivery of all such improvement projects. You will work closely with the project lead/s for other areas of the Programme to ensure dependencies, risks and opportunities are effectively managed.
- Ensure that there is a clear / detailed project plan project, that the project's objectives are met.
- Working closely with the procurement leadership team to identify improvement activities, produce the necessary analysis associated with the benefits (financial, efficiency, governance, control) of each activity and manage through the approvals process.
- Own and manage transition road map / plan for all agreed procurement improvement activities, including co-ordination with other programme stakeholders and necessary functional engagement (communications, training)
Performance and Delivery:
- Working with functional leads support the development of associated collateral for the implementation of improvement initiatives, including but not limited to process maps, how to guides, communications plans, training modules etc
- Own and manage the various trackers, updates and reporting requirements as determined by the overarching S2P programme
- Agree project objectives
- Represent the Procurement function
- Work collaboratively with Project and Improvement Managers across the S2P programme and other areas of the business to ensure programme objectives and aims are being met.
- Organise the various people working on a project
- Ongoing management of risks and dependencies
- Ensure all the aims of the improvement projects are met
- Reporting to the S2P Programme Director or senior stakeholders on progress
- Recognised Project Management qualification (PRINCE2, Agile or those offered by the Association for Project Management)
- Critical thinking against process to identify improvement
- Project delivery and governance
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Well developed interpersonal / communication skills
- Numeracy skills
- Commercial awareness
- Teamworking skills
- Ability to motivate people
- Demonstrable track record of managing / delivery of procurement lead improvement projects
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the mechanics in the Procurement environment and how this interfaces with areas across the Source to Pay journey.
- Knowledge of the construction / infrastructure sectors (desirable)
- Working knowledge of financial systems (SAP S4/HANA, HFM-Hyperion, Payment platforms)
- Experience in a Business / Shared Services would be beneficial
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.