Performance Engineer - Python
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We securely authenticate and identify users accessing Sky's protected products and services. We strive for Frictionless smart authentication, Simple identity management and Rapid production integration.
What you'll do:
- Driving improvements and adoption of test frameworks, following the principles of the open source movement
- Developing software to enhance the performance engineering capability of the tribe
- Contributing to the delivery and success of the Sky Global OTT solution
- Comfortable with taking full ownership of the Non-Functional test process, that includes ownership of the sign-off of release builds and in-depth issue investigation
- Performing Non-Functional testing within an agile software development environment with a view to aiding continuous delivery
- Building and designing real world test scenarios that are integrated into the continuous delivery pipeline
What you'll bring:
- High level programming/scripting languages, (Python, Bash and Lua preferred but not essential)
- Working experience in Unix/Linux systems
- Be familiar with communication protocols/technologies, HTTP/HTTPS is essential
- Some experience with monitoring/visualization/time series database technologies is desirable e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Splunk
- Knowledge and experience of containerisation e.g. Docker, Kubernetes or Rancher would be useful
- Working experience using version control e.g. git, subversion, mercurial
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world's best entertainment.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our spacious tech hub is under a mile away from Leeds train station, with free water taxis available from Granary Wharf. There's also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.