We are looking to appoint a Knowledge Broker to join our team of talented bid professionals. You will collate and communicate qualitative corporate information and business evidence, to ensure accurate and reliable bidding submissions.
You will promote our best practice bidding principles and ensure that Amey policy, corporate documentation, bidding boilerplate and business evidence are used correctly, within all bidding submissions. The role supports bid compliance and accuracy, through the regular review, management and promotion of content within our central knowledge library.
As Knowledge Broker you will work closely with the Amey Business Unit Bid Managers and Coordinators to ensure all Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQs), and other bidding stages, meet corporate, mandatory, and discretionary question response requirements. You will be responsible for communicating and coordinating with the wider business and group subject matter experts to gather information.
The Business Winning Quality Team support the bid pipeline across all Amey Business Units: Secure Infrastructure, Transport Infrastructure (Highways, Rail and Power), Consulting, Utilities and Waste. Bids may be standalone Amey opportunities or collaborative projects with strategic partners and will vary in duration, size and complexity, with contract values anything from £0.5m to £500m per annum.
- Monitor and respond to information requests in the knowledge team email inbox from the bidding community and wider business
- Manage and populate mandatory question sets for the Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQs), directing the customer to the central knowledge library where appropriate
- Take full responsibility for sourcing all mandatory corporate content, liaising with relevant subject matter experts
- Handle several PQQs at one time, with visibility of deadlines and provide priority management practices
- Communicate with business customers in a timely manner, and ensure constant project updates are provided to clients
- Engage with bid teams early in the bid process to workshop response ownership and delegation
- Complete information requests ahead of time
- Identify and archive useful information for future use, capturing recurring information requests and support making the content available on central SharePoint to the wider business.
- Complete Knowledge communication activities through various communication channels
- Facilitate Knowledge Working Group sessions with Knowledge Manager, Quality Manager, and wider Business leads
- Read and debate client documents to gain understanding of bid requirements and assess Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) technical and quality requirements
- Develop a PQQ deliverables register for each project, and adhere to document naming conventions
- Use and manage project tracker and report regular updates to projects to Knowledge Manager
- Knowledge of information libraries and document management systems.
- Competent IT skills, including MS Office 365, eg SharePoint, Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
- Proficient documents management skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Deadline driven and process oriented
- Logical and approachable individual with desire to add value to projects
- Strong time and project management skills with ability to prioritise
- Strong communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills with confidence to challenge and escalate issues through appropriate channels
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and to think effectively and critically about issues while managing, scheduling and prioritising projects to ensure timely delivery
- Clear and concise with honest communication skills
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.