Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
As a Android Developer in our MySky App team, you'll be working within our forward-thinking tech stack to create innovative experiences for our customers - solving their problems, and bringing our products and services to life. Operating with a tribe and chapter model, we have a development chapter made up of individuals with differing skill-sets, where knowledge sharing and group ideation for technical initiatives is welcomed. With a real 'start up' feel, there's loads of room for development, all whilst working in an Agile environment.
What you'll do:
- Experience in Kotlin/Java and in building mobile applications for Android.
- Experience with the Android SDK and a passion to use the latest libraries to improve your efficiency.
- Knowledge of building phone user-interfaces that scale to screen size.
- Good troubleshooting skills in investigating production issues
- Writing and maintaining existing unit and UI tests is also a given using both TDD and BDD principles.
- Help maintain and improve existing development and automation processes within the scrum team
What you'll bring:
- Excellent knowledge of the Android Platform.
- Strong experience with Kotlin and Java
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of Agile methodologies and best practices (Scrum, Kanban XP, etc..). You'll be a champion for agile best practices and be able to discuss the various practices and their benefits in detail.
- RESTful services integration
- Experience and knowledge of TDD and associated frameworks
- Experience using Continuous Integration (Jenkins , etc..). should be able to setup/maintain a CI environment
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We're bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we're proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Our spacious tech hub is under a mile away from Leeds train station, with free water taxis available from Granary Wharf. There's also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis, and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.