Principal Commercial Manager
Are you a highly experienced Commercial Manager with major scheme/project work in highways seeking a new challenge in Sheffield?
Here at Amey we have a new opportunity for an experienced QS trained, Commercial Manager to join our Transport Infrastructure division, working on the Sheffield Highways PFI contract.
This 25 year contract with Sheffield City Council offers a fantastic opportunity to a technically minded QS who is able to challenge and drive the contract with a very hands on approach.
What will this role involve?
- Driving consistency of good valuation/commercial processes both pre and post Contract including maintaining constant focus on cost reduction whilst enhancing service to clients
- Manage compliance & production of monthly CVR process in line with company policies, procedures & reporting timetables and interface with finance to ensure accurate project P & L accounts are maintained
- Deliver pre and post Contract opportunity and threat process including mitigation of risk
- Manage the compliance of commercial functions for works re-measurement, valuation of variations and resolution of measurement queries/disputes to ensure timely client payments
- Ensure Work in Progress at project level is always kept within manageable levels agreed with finance and Business Account Director/Manager
- Manage project commercial KPI's to ensure compliance
- Lead & manage sub-contract application, liability, certification and payment process, including accurate & timely measurement and reporting, ensuring payments made in accordance with contractual obligations
- Manage project forecasting activities ensuring high level of accuracy
- Participate in negotiations over contractual agreements and adherence to terms and conditions to establish preferred positions
- Lead & advise other project staff on contract obligations and measurement rules
- Deliver the pre and post Contract opportunity and risk process including mitigation of risk
- Communicate with clients and internally to promote the Amey brand and influence an end result
- Manage upwards to Account or Business Director and functionally report to Head of Commercial
- Work with key supply chain companies to develop strategies which enhance service delivery to the client
What are we looking for?
- Degree is desirable
- Member of a professional body
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Sound knowledge of contracts
- Awareness of industry issues
- Strong desire to further Client relationships whilst ensuring that contractual entitlements are not compromised
- Good negotiation skills
- A proven track record in quantity surveying / commercial management with significant experience in a senior role
- Experience in major works/schemes/projects within highways
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.