Senior Policy Analyst - Flexible Working Available
Senior Policy Analyst
Recovery & Compensation Team (Structural Policy Division)
£45,900 to £57,300
The Bank of England is the UK's central bank. Our mission is to deliver monetary and financial stability for the British people.
The Bank of England is a diverse organisation. Each of its 4,000 plus people are committed to public service and dedicated to promoting the good of the people of the United Kingdom by maintaining monetary and financial stability.
Prudential Policy Directorate is responsible for designing, negotiating internationally, and implementing effective prudential regulation in order to remove or reduce systemic risks, promote the safety and soundness of PRA-regulated firms and ensure appropriate protection for insurance policyholders. PPD supports both the Prudential Regulation Committee and Financial Policy Committee in fulfilling their objectives.
Structural Policy Division (SPD) is one of six divisions in the Prudential Policy Directorate. SPD focuses on the prudential framework relating to firms’ legal, business and operating structures, and the development of the PRA’s future policymaking framework. It currently includes four teams - Banking Groups & Structural Reform, Insurance Groups & Conglomerates, Recovery and Compensation, and Future Regulatory Framework.
The Recovery and Compensation team is responsible for the PRA’s policy to embed operational resilience into the supervisory framework. A key piece of work for us this year is to finalise and implement the PRA’s operational resilience policy, working with supervision and engaging internationally on this issue. We also play a key role in delivering the Bank’s strategic goal to improve the resolvability of the firms we supervise, so they can fail in an orderly way. And we lead on all aspects of compensation policy for deposit-takers and insurers and handle the relationship with the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), one of PRA’s key partners and provider of consumer protection for failed firms in the UK.
We are looking for somebody to work on issues across the Recovery and Compensation team. Key responsibilities of a senior policy analyst (scale F) on this team will include:
- Support the development and evaluation of policy through the PPD policy lifecycle (agenda setting, policy development, policy implementation and policy evaluation)
- Collaborate with supervisors and firms to deliver policy
- Contribute to drafting formal policy documents – consultation papers, supervisory statements and policy statements
- Contribute to drafting of formal governance documents for the PRA’s senior committees (SRPC and PRC)
- Develop internal and external communication documents, including briefings; and
- Participate in meetings to discuss policy proposals with key stakeholders (Resolution, Supervision, Legal, SRS, FMID, FCA and the FSCS).
- Relevant experience gained in a policy or analytical setting that complements the job responsibilities as set out above.
- Analytical skills, including using data to support development of evidence-based policy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to analyse complex issues
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience of working on and delivering high quality output on projects/issues
- Good judgement; and
- Ability to work both as part of a team and autonomously.
Closing Date: 18th May 2021