Vision Mixer / Director
Discovery, Inc. is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages. Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products, streaming services, social & mobile-first content and formats.
As Discovery Communications’ portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
Discovery operates on a worldwide basis to produce & acquire content from thousands of global partners, schedule hundreds of linear TV & online channels, and distribute content to hundreds of affiliates including cable TV, free-to-air broadcast, and online video providers such as Amazon and iTunes.
Based in our Chiswick, West London Offices, you will be responsible for the delivery of the best visual and editorial content for the live sporting events, broadcast from the London technology hub. The IP facility comprises of production control rooms, sound control suites, commentary booths and multifunction rooms.
As part of the gallery team you would be responsible for delivering sporting programs across both free to air and paid channels across the Nordic and UK territories
Among others, you will be responsible for:
- Vision mixing pulse direct, live and pre-recorded sporting events
- Playing a key role in the production planning and execution of live events, giving guidance and advice in terms of production value and technical viability
- Taking an active role in coordinating the assembly of all materials required for output
- Contributing to training and development of in-house talent, creating training and technical reference documentation
- Ability to cut and direct multi camera events ensuring the best visual content is delivered
- Experience of complex vision mixing and Livetouch playout.
- Thorough understanding of sport production processes and technical set up requirements
- Technical experience of operating various broadcast equipment, ideally working knowledge of Grass Valley, Kahuna Maverick Switchers
Why work for us?
You will play a pivotal role, working in a fun, fast paced environment with cutting-edge technology.
We value our staff and put people at the centre of everything we do. Consumers, Customers, Partners and Employees. In addition to our excellent benefits package we also have employee-centric offerings such as our on-site medical centre, back-up child & elder care sessions and enhanced family leave. We are proud to be a proactively diverse organisation with a variety of employee groups that we engage with to ensure continuous improvement of our organisation.
If you are an experienced vision mixer, looking for a challenging role with real business impact, we'd love to hear from you.