Production Manager, Cycling & Golf
Eurosport is seeking an experienced Sport Production Manager to join its international team in based primarily in the UK. This role is responsible for the production of Cycling and Golf’s live and non-live content across Discovery’s Sport portfolio, working closely with the Director of Cycling & Golf to deliver superior production content & value.
The Production Manager works as part of a central pillar team and acts as the connective tissue linking our international Eurosport teams, Global Cycling Network (GCN), GolfTV, Operations & Engineering teams, plus vendors and other key stakeholders. Tracking plans, schedules and budgets, devising solutions for challenges that arise and over-communicating to keep everyone in the know every step of the way, will be crucial to this role.
- Anticipate and manage all aspects of production requirements for Cycling & Golf, working closely with international Eurosport teams and departments, GCN & GolfTV.
- Understand the technical processes to ensure all event and BAU production requirements are delivered.
- Work alongside the technical & engineering teams to develop Cycling’s technical facility at GCN in Bath and ensure efficient workflows are put in place.
- Strong budget management skills are key to this role as tracking, reconciling and owning accountability for both OPEX and CAPEX budgets will be crucial.
- Oversee the event & content calendar, including shoot & studio schedules; track key deadlines, plan and execute all deliverables.
- Work with Eurosport’s Sports Services team to ensure all Covid protocols, risk assessments and H&S measures are in place and adhered to.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with freelance crews, vendors and external stakeholders, including federations and organizing committees.
- Ensure efficient and effective communication across all internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Function as a team builder within the Cycling & Golf pillars encouraging colleagues and managing and mentoring production coordinators to drive success as a team.
- Championing our mission ‘Eurosport Together’, unlocking the power of sport and recognizing we are united in our diversity.
- Continually challenge the status quo, identify improved ways of working and efficiencies.
- Strong technical knowledge related to sport television & digital production.
- Experience managing logistics of complex projects.
- Strong contract negotiation & budget management skills.
- Global mindset with ability to communicate effectively in an international environment & work collaboratively across all areas of the business.
- Work effectively with diplomacy and sensitivity with all teams.
- Ability to handle confidential information and interact with high-level executives and talent.
- Precise attention to detail with methodical approach to work.
- Have excellent organisational skills.
- Forward thinking mindset embracing the D2C business.
- Ability to act decisively, with a positive can-do attitude and strong problem-solving approach required.
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure, to strict deadlines and handle last minute changes.
- Willingness to travel as needed & be onsite for extended periods.
- Sound knowledge & ability to use internationally accepted IT software and approval chain processes.
- Fluency in English is required with fluency in French or other European languages, beneficial.