PMO Lead – Relaunch@Capgemini Programme
An Overview of the Role
Capgemini’s Relaunch Programme is aimed at supporting talented professionals back into the business by providing a tailored 6-month programme to help refresh and update existing skills as well as developing confidence. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but will have some relevant previous experience and a wiliness to learn and further develop your skills in this area. If you have had a career break of 1 ½ years or beyond, for whatever reason, we would love to hear from you!
You will play your part as a member of the Delivery Unit in contributing to first-class end-to-end solutions in your assignments. Support and/or play an active role in defining our Delivery Unit practices, standards and ways of working, and apply them to your role. Be open to working across organisation and team boundaries to ensure we bring the best of the DU to our customers.
The PMO Lead will provide the following service offerings on the HMRC Market Unit:
- Financial Management
- RAID Management
- Planning and Control
- Quality Management and Governance
- Change Management
As PMO Lead you will work alongside the engagement manager on a variety of engagements including:
- Project and Programmes
- Resource Augmentation
The PMO Lead will strive to exceed client’s expectations on delivery/service and deliver value for money. You will drive workplace productivity, be an advocate of new ideas and innovation and embrace a continuous improvement culture. The PMO Lead with maintain and develop their skills, experience and capability in line with the needs of the business, role and assignments.
• Responsible for day to day work management of direct report PMO resources
• Responsible for ensuring Capacity Plan is up to date for direct report PMO Resources
• Provide M-Review support up to VP Level
• Revenue group level unapproved financial exposure analysis
• Management of revenue group management codes
• Reviews & analyses sales pipeline at revenue group level
• Reviews & analyses capacity planning outputs for revenue group resources
• Reviews & analyses RAID items at Revenue Group level and supports RAID Management process for the Revenue Group; ensuring compliance with relevant standards.
Project Planning & Control
• Support the Lead Cluster Lead in reviewing planning progress & conformance across the clusters. Provide cluster level MI of planning data
• Supports the Lead Cluster Lead in reviewing project status reports and providing analysis on trends/key areas to focus on etc.
Quality Management & Governance
• Ensures that the Revenue Group’s governance mechanisms are appropriately implemented in line with Delivery Project Governance Plan; e.g. reviewing cluster level project governance compliance, conducting project health checks, preparing for audit activities etc.
Why this role?
You will join a capability of 110+ professionals who provide PMO, Business Operations and Demand Management functions across the Capgemini HMRC Market Unit.
• PMO experience and proven Team Leadership with the ability to manage a high performing team
• Strong business acumen and a high level of financial management and experience of providing key MI information to support the business
• Excellent stakeholder engagement with the ability to interact, engage, influence and have credibility at all levels
• Confident communication skills and energy
• A passion for change and proactively encouraging new ideas
• Innovative, open minded and progressive in thinking
• Ability to work in complex environments, on large portfolios of work being able to multitask
• Experience in people management and proven ability to nurture and develop individuals
• Have an in-depth understanding of Project Management methodologies and associated tools knowledge (eg project finances & planning).
• Competent user of MS Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, SharePoint & Outlook.
• ISEB Programme & Project Support Office (PPSO) Advanced certified or equivalent
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm