Mechanical & Electrical Engineer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Underpinning the entire customer experience, Sky has extensive Mechanical and Electrical systems spread across many geographical locations.
This role is to focus on the key aspect of M&E systems and ensure their correct operation and maintenance providing a firm platform for business success.
What you'll do:
- Be part of a team of shift team maintaining mechanical and electrical systems to avoid disruption to Sky operation.
- Be a team player to work collaboratively with an established group of skilled engineers.
- Use our state of the art CAFM system to provide timely maintenance routines.
- Work in a business-critical environment on key infrastructure such as power generation, package chillers and Uninterruptible Power Supplies.
- Support the team in promoting Sky's safe, ethical and environmental objectives.
- Travel to other Sky sites and undertake M&E activities occasionally out of normal working hours.
What you'll bring:
- A Can-Do approach to keep Sky 'on air' and delivering great services.
- A technical qualification such as BTEC, ONC or City & Guilds, ideally with a mechanical or electrical apprenticeship. Backed by 5 years' experience within the M&E field.
- A good knowledge of maintaining and operating large LV electrical systems in highly resilient buildings: Or good knowledge of large chilled water cooling systems in highly resilient buildings.
- Some experience of HV systems would be useful but not essential.
- A working knowledge of good Safety and Environmental practices.
- An ability to use computer-based systems such as email and a CAFM system to good effect.
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We're bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we're proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
There will be travel to other London sites when necessary
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.