Manager, Strategy & Consulting
Reporting to a Senior Director within Strategy & Consulting, this role is responsible for working on projects or specific pieces of work across the Oncology, I&I, Rare Disease, Internal Medicine, Hospital BU, Vaccines, Corporate /GPD, and Emerging Markets business units to shape, develop, and enable execution of strategies that will advance and purposefully grow the business. While this position reports into the Strategy & Consulting team organizationally, this person will stay connected to key business challenges and opportunities as articulated by the BU leadership teams, ensuring that there is alignment with strategic priorities, and/or recommending adjustments to priorities when necessary. The scope of the role will include contributions to BU strategic planning, contributions to projects related to key strategic issues, and insight and assessment of market signals that could impact business performance or strategic direction.
- Contribute to the development of business strategies at a global level, and where appropriate, a local level, by managing workstreams across a portfolio of projects that provide insight and direction on key strategic levers, such as market development, customer needs assessment, competitive advantage, market and/or product prioritization.
- Contribute to the completion of annual strategic plans, as well as aligned strategic action plans.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of market dynamics in order to identify market trends and appropriately assess opportunities and guide strategic direction. Provide perspective on the potential impact of external market signals that could impact future business performance.
- Understand the priorities of the triads and/or corporate functional leads to understand business needs and represent the current status of opportunity evaluations.
- Actively participate assigned Strategy & Consulting team learning opportunities through hands on project experiences, role-specific professional development trainings, and sharing sessions, supporting Pfizer strategy through the perspective and experience of the organizations you support.
- Under the direction of an S&C Sr. Manager, Director, or Senior Director, manage project workstreams, comprised of teams of colleagues with varying levels of experience, coaching and developing them to build capability and performance.
- Create an engaging and productive work environment where team members are encouraged to collaborate and excel.
- Proven relevant experience - some portion in healthcare preferred, including experience working in or with commercial functions involving strategy development and/or strategic initiatives (e.g., marketing, commercial development, market access & pricing, etc.) Experience in healthcare/biopharma consulting experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of trends and market dynamics in US and Global healthcare and biopharmaceuticals, basic understanding of competitor strategies, and basic understanding of the drug development process.
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders without direct authority (Department leaders and functional counterparts). Must be able to influence a wide range of stakeholders, including commercial and research & development leaders.
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinking skills, as evidenced by the ability to tee up the right questions, identify alternative scenarios, articulate resulting implications, and develop recommendations for decision-making or action.
- Ability to understand and translate market and competitive dynamics into strategic implications for the BUs.
- Demonstrated project leadership potential, managing workstreams and small teams of cross-functional colleagues with varying backgrounds and skillsets.
- Basic understanding of finance and P&L implications of any strategy
- Ability to work with complex information and distill into a framework that helps facilitate decision making, while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization and lead with indirect authority, while prioritizing and managing time effectively.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, sufficient to address Global BU Leadership and external audiences.
- Demonstrated high learning agility, "team player" mentality, and positive attitude and poise under pressure.
- Strong command of English language, spoken and written.
- BA/BS - required, life sciences degree helpful. Advance degree preferred.