Agile Project Manager - Flexible Working Available
This is an opportunity to join the Client Services team of a creative and outstanding technology software company.
Caplin Systems has been around for 20 years and markets web based trading technology: software components, front end solutions, and professional services. Our customers include four of the top five global banks (by FX volume) as well as leading regional and national financial institutions.
We currently have a vacancy for an Agile PM. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual wanting to bring their skills to an organization at the leading edge of web-based trading technology and with clients including some of the world’s biggest financial institutions. The role will be based in our London office in the City on a permanent basis with global travel as required. Reporting to the Head of Professional Services.
You will join a small and dynamic team of Project Managers and be using your agile delivery skills to coordinate various Client projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage cross-Product deliveries, internally and to customers.
- Scope projects in collaboration with the customer, product owners, architects and designers. Organise requirements into a backlog and a set of releases, managing expectations of all stakeholders.
- Explain and set up an agile delivery model (Kanban / Scrum etc.) to deliver the project in shippable increments.
- Assist with defining, standardising and producing project reports and templates.
- Manage the customer relationship during project delivery.
- Do re-planning, using metrics at an appropriate cadence throughout the project.
- Report into customer’s programme management function on project scope, change, cost, resources, dependencies, risks, issues etc.
- Act as an agile coach to the teams i.e:
- Help the team build and maintain information radiators (e.g. sprint boards and release backlogs on physical or in software tools).
- Moderate daily stand-up and removing impediments. Connect people who should talk to each other to get the job done.
- Manage team dynamics (coach, mediate conflict, foster self-organisation, facilitate decisions).
- Foster continuous improvement behaviour. Advocate metrics to act as catalysts for change (e.g. cycle time metrics, build metrics etc.) and reduction of waste.
- Assist with RFP/RFI responses by coordinating requirements analysis and timelines.
- A minimum of 2 years’ agile project management experience (e.g. Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean). You understand waterfall deliveries and the pros/cons of each delivery method.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills.
- Motivation and tenacity in problem solving.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent and demonstrable visualisation skills.
- Effective time-management skills, ability to manage multiple work streams concurrently and manage deadlines.
- Experience of working with user stories and/or use cases.
- Excellent customer facing skills and the ability to create rapport with all levels of project stakeholders.
- Drive, energy and accountability.
- A degree at 2:1 or above.
- Commercial acumen.
Track record of delivering front-office trading projects in Financial Markets / Investment Banking.
1st Floor, 107 Leadenhall Street, London EC3A 4AF
Compensation & Benefits
About Caplin Systems Ltd
Caplin’s award winning software provides real-time web connectivity products that allow market data and trading services to be delivered over the Internet with the security, reliability and timeliness of a private network.
Caplin is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we are committed to improve diversity in the tech sector.
- FX domain knowledge.
- Some business and requirements analysis experience.
- Experience of front to back office stack for complex FX web trading systems.
- Salary range: appropriate to qualifications and experience
- Opportunity for flexible working/Working From Home days
- Flexible benefits scheme including pension, life cover, income protection, private health insurance, additional holiday purchase scheme
- Training and personal development opportunities
- Family-friendly benefits: enhanced maternity/paternity policy
- Regular team events
- Dynamic, collaborative and friendly working environment
- 24 days holiday per year rising annually to 28