Commercial Manager Renewals (Quantity Surveyor)
Purpose of the Role
An opportunity exists for a Commercial Manager (Quantity Surveyor) to join our prestigious portfolio of works on Wales and Borders contract with Transport for Wales (TfW). TfW is a delivery agent for the Welsh Government and exists to drive forward the Welsh Government's vision of a high quality, safe, integrated, affordable and accessible transport network that the people of Wales are proud of.
Focusing specifically on the Infrastructure Management of the Core Valley Lines Network, , you will work with both the commercial and operational management teams to deliver a wide range of works through our Renewals Works (c£12M pa).
What will the role involve?
As Commercial Manager (Quantity Surveyor), you will play a leading role in the commercial delivery of the Renewals projects; you will manage and/or carry out all normal quantity surveying duties, comply with the Amey Values and ensure maximum recovery of all contractual entitlements.
- Implement commercial best practice to maximise value and minimise risk and cost to Amey with due regards to CRM
- Implement commercial processes to ensure contractual entitlement is realised
- Implement Group commercial processes for cost capture, valuation, procurement and reporting
- Management of Subcontractor accounts in line with agreed subcontract
- Prepare, review and evaluate pre-contract subcontract enquiries and quotations
- Prepare and evaluate risk management matrices to support the project.
- Ensure compliance with the Amey systems, processes and procedures to deliver post contract management
- Manage circa 2 direct reports and be accountable and responsible to the Senior Commercial Manager for Infrastructure Management.
- Work within the strict deadlines required under the Contract(s) and as required by the Company
- Exercise full cost control of project(s) including providing and monitoring budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the Project Managers and account management team
- Provide weekly/monthly cost and value reconciliations and forecasts and advising the senior team
- Assist and advise the Senior Commercial Manager in ensuring timely issuing of all notices required under the Contract(s)
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent) is desirable, or ability to demonstrate a proven track record in quantity surveying / commercial management within the sector.
- Working towards an industry professional qualification (RICS or CICES) is desirable.
- A solid knowledge of commercial and financial procedures and reporting will be vital in ensuring compliance as well as a general knowledge of Railway Construction works..
- Strong commercial and financial acumen.
- Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines.
- Methodical style of working.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word.
- Strong desire to further Client relationships whilst ensuring that contractual entitlements are not compromised.
- Team player
- Motivation and desire to succeed
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Sound knowledge of contracts and awareness of industry issues
- Good health and safety awareness
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.