Assistant Commercial Manager
An opportunity exists for an Assistant Commercial Manager to join our prestigious and growing portfolio of services on Highways England TFM contract. Highways England manage and improve England's motorways and major A-roads, helping their customers have safer, smoother and more reliable journeys.
Focusing specifically on the facilities management of 42 locations made up of offices, regional operational centres, traffic officer outstations and one Highways Maintenance depot. You will work alongside the Commercial Manager, Management Accountant and site teams around the country. This 5 + 2 year call off contract under the CCS framework delivers full TFM covering Hard FM (Planned & Reactive), Cleaning, Catering, Reception, Security, Waste, CAFM & Helpdesk, Project Works, Grounds Maintenance.
Further growth of the account is expected in the near future with new sites being included together with a promising project pipeline.
Post Covid restrictions you will likely be based at an Amey office 2-3 days per week.
You will assist the Commercial Manager in carrying out their normal commercial and contractual duties, whilst also assisting the operational management team as required, in complying with the Amey Values, and in ensuring maximum recovery of all contractual entitlements.
You will assist in the measure and value the works to deliver contractual entitlement and support the necessary activities to provide accurate cost capture whilst also supporting the management of subcontractors as required. Finally you will ensure all data captured is fed back into the business to ensure risk free and compliant operation.
- Support the Commercial Manager to ensure they are able to comply with the Amey systems, processes and procedures for delivering service excellence.
- Work within the strict deadlines required under the Bids or Contract(s) and as required by the Company
- Support in preparing data required to populate commercial reports
- Exercising cost control of core services in conjunction with the Commercial Manager as directed
- Assist in producing monthly and/or weekly cost and value data to support the Commercial/Finance team in the production of forecasts
- Assess risks involved with new initiatives, ensure deadlines are met and be ready to handle unexpected situations
- Assist in the collation of data/facts with respect of all variations (changes) to the services in conjunction with other project team members
- Ensure that all contemporary records are kept by the account team members for use in supporting claims, extensions of time, and the evaluation of variations
- Collate and file all contemporary records
- Support the Account team in all aspects of subcontract procurement and payment
- Assist in collating commercial and financial feed-back to the Estimators
- Provide commercial support as required / directed
- Producing and submitting in a timely manner application for payment, change requests and any additional contractual requirements
- Managing the vendor application for payment process for a growing supply chain (50+)
- Maintain professional working relationships at all times
- Promote a team-working environment
- Promote the Amey safety culture
- Participate in regular monthly safety meetings
- Having or be studying for a Degree qualification in Procurement or Commercial Management desirable
- Competent in basic computer skills
- Intermediate Excel skills necessary
- Strong administrative skills necessary
- Ability to communicate openly with a range of people and build functional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Quantity Surveying experience would be an advantage but not essential
- Supply Chain/Commercial Management experience desirable
Having worked in a large FM business in a commercial role is highly desirable.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.