Head of Cloud Solution Architecture - Flexible Working Available
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper.
We're on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it! Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
Our Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) is looking for a Head of Cloud Solution Architecture. You'll define, uphold and communicate the technical architecture strategy and direction to support the Group's vision and strategic intent, with a clear focus on the capabilities needed to ensure long term success. You'll role model our values & behaviours and shape, coach and lead a small team of Cloud Architects together aligning our Public Cloud Technology agenda with the Groups Strategy.
In order to drive our technical architecture strategy and achieve the best outcomes for the Group, you'll combine deep technical thought leadership with strong leadership skills; and will communicate, collaborate and influence effectively with engineering and operations leaders and our Executives. You'll demonstrate a broad knowledge across Cloud architecture domains and technology, and our business, to be able to align to the large portfolio of change that has been sent by the Groups strategy.
You'll have experience of designing architect solutions for Cloud products and services and large-scale workload migrations from traditional hosting environments to a Public Cloud environment. You'll be expected to enable the Groups strategy for the adoption Public Cloud at scale.
This role requires strong technical skills and the ability to command the respect of and provide leadership to stakeholders from across the organisation. We expect you to be able to view problems from many different perspectives and build architectural strategies and solutions that are not only technically sound, but also include regulatory, commercial and organisational aspects when appropriate. We're looking for leaders, not managers, who produce their own deliverables and can lead others without direct authority.
What you'll get involved with
- Accountability for the definition of Patterns and Blueprints to enable the capabilities defined by EA Strategy and Standards
- Establishing a presence in the key governance forums which set and direct investment priorities and ensure that investment programmes are delivering in accordance with the strategy and architecture; driving alignment and looking for opportunities to reduce costs or improve outcomes.
- Defining objectives and key results related to the Cloud COE architecture domain/s and negotiate with stakeholders to agree ownership and solutions
- Systems design for supporting CCoE capabilities e.g. FinOps, Operational Tooling and Monitoring capabilities.
- Collaborating with senior stakeholders across Group Transformation (e.g. products owners and engineering leads) and the wider group (Business Directors, GEC members) to ensure alignment on architecture principles and delivery roadmaps.
- Responsibility for Cloud CoE technology governance forums/process, in conjunction with wider group governance
- Leading on the production and maintenance the content of the centrally managed architectural frameworks, including process and organisational architectures, ensuring that this content can be used practically to plan, direct and implement change, to increase efficiency and quality in architecture solution development.
- Leading a team of Cloud architects to focus on high priority areas for each Cloud Platform
What's needed to be considered for this job?
- A broad knowledge of Cloud Products and services.
- An understanding of the Cloud environment and how to leverage Cloud capabilities.
- Excellent collaboration within internal teams and across project teams/ external partners/vendors.
- Ability to translate business strategy and architecture objectives into delivery work packages which can be used to plan and direct investment.
- Ability to pragmatically balance the demands of delivery projects with the need to maintain the integrity of the target architecture.
- Proven experience to be able to design and offer solutions using patterns and blueprints
- Proven ability to lead, coach and mentor.
What you'd get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us.
Together we make it possible.
We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- Discretionary bonus: up to 50% of basic salary
- Generous pension contribution - up to 13% employer contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle - cash sum of 4% of salary
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various share schemes including free shares
So if you have a desire to work in a challenging Engineering role in a dynamic environment with quality at the heart of thinking, whilst gaining skills and experience within a friendly and motivated team then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
***The base salary banding for this role is £115,000 - £160,000 in London and £99,000 - £140,000 outside of London, plus the above listed benefits.***