Risk Manager - Change - Technology - Flexible Working Available
Are you a go to risk expert for your colleagues? Would you like to help shape a growing specialist risk function? Do you want to join a revolutionary Bank and manage risk associated with our exciting transformation agenda? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Risk Manager - Change you will join our growing Change team, working directly with the Head of Change Risk. You will champion Change Risk from the 1st line, align Metro Bank change risk management to industry good practice, whilst keeping Metro Bank values and the customer at the heart of everything.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Working with stakeholders across Change, and the Bank, to support the team in managing risks and controls related to our broader risk management framework
• Driving the Change risk agenda with senior Change colleagues and management, leaning on your experience to help identify emerging risks and report on the Change risk portfolio currently under management
• Working with the EPMO, Change Leadership Team and Programme leads to correctly identify, manage and report on Delivery and operational risks, controls and agreed mitigation plans and actions
• Having oversight of business area incidents and making sure that details are captured appropriately and timely according to the incident management framework
• Embedding risk management best practice into the day-to-day thinking of the Change community and all business units contributing to and impacted by Change delivery
• Preparing and delivering risk-related reports and presentations and incident management to various audiences including senior executives
• Providing support, education and training to Colleagues within the function and across our Change lifecycle
• Be involved in other activities, such as continual process improvement, control design, implementation and testing, stage gating and programme and project QA
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally, you will have extensive experience of risk management and relevant principles and processes
• You need to have excellent knowledge and understanding of project, programme and portfolio management, particularly in an agile environment
• In order to be amazing in this role, you need to have experience identifying and managing risks affecting projects (delivery) and operations (business)
• You will be a good communicator and be able to outline simple and pragmatic solutions
• You will be able to communicate effectively with and manage various stakeholders across the Bank, including senior executives
• Ideally, you will have an understanding of the purpose of conduct MI and risk report
- IMPORTANT FOOTNOTE;
- Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!