Product Operations Lead - Homeworking
Collaborative and proactive technical operations lead with a passion for delivering great products.
Future Anthem is the market leader in Game Data Science, using machine learning to provide automated intelligence to help our customers – games studios and casino operators - grow responsibly with measurable improvements that enhance the casino player experience for everyone. We combine data and technology to offer Game Data Science as a Service to the global gambling industry. Future Anthem is a team of intelligent, inquisitive and talented people with a passion for data and results.
We offer a positive flexible working culture and the opportunity to work with the latest technologies in an exciting industry that is constantly evolving.
About the Role
The product operations lead will, as part of the data leadership team, work closely with the product and marketing teams, owning the product roadmap from a technical perspective, and be responsible for ensuring the delivery of that roadmap by data scientists and engineers. The delivery lead will play a key role in the formulation and management of the product roadmap, ensuring the organisation has robust processes and reporting in this area.
What you’ll do
- Manage the processes within the data science team, from daily standups and sprint plans through to roadmap planning and status reporting
- Bridge communication between data science and other teams such that user stories reflect the art of the possible (as opposed to a simple decomposition of requirements)
- Within an Agile delivery environment, manage the prioritisation and sprint processes, especially the escalation of urgent requests
- Provide transparent communications on project scopes, the Product roadmap, sprint plans, and the status of backlog items
- Submit data science technical requirements to external partners, represent data science on the projects tasked with delivering these requirements, and escalate blockers or risks to delivery promptly
- Take end to end ownership of the delivery of data science parts of the Product roadmap
- Highlight blockers to delivery within the team
- Coach the Data Science team in efficient agile teamworking practices
- Experience working in digital/ ecommerce
- Experience of working as a product owner/ scrum master/ business analyst/ project manager within an agile environment
- Recognised scrum management / ba/ pm qualification
- Understand tracking and prioritisation of the backlog, burndown metrics, velocity, story definition
- Strong experience of Jira is essential
- Experience of version control software an advantage (e.g GitHub)
- Effective at engaging highly qualified teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of cloud, particularly Azure an advantage.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to change
- Inspires energy in others
- Excellent verbal & written communication and presentation skills, with well-structured and analytical approach to reporting.
- Ability to identify and prioritise needs, build strong relationships and tailor communication to meet different people
- Proven experience of influencing an/or providing clarity and insight to complex discussions and debates to achieve resolution and understanding
- Results focused
- Has rigorous attention to detail and promotes a high standard of quality