Commercial Manager (Senior Quantity Surveyor)
Are you seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor opportunity in the North West? Do you have extensive knowledge of NEC3 Contract Management?
Here at Amey we have an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor who can bring either utilities or civil engineering experience to join our Utilities business unit and support the QS team in order to accurately value the works undertaken by the operational teams and, where necessary, gather and provide records to substantiate cost and lead projects under the guidance of the Principal Commercial Manager. Joining a Commercial team of 11, you will be managing up to 2 team members and working on planned network maintenance projects across the north west.
You will be working from the office in Warrington c2 days per week, and at home for the rest. Moreover there will be a requirement to visit the client sites, periodically across the north west.
- Financial monitoring and reporting of projects assigned
- Preparation of financial statements in respect to projects assigned
- Ensuring proper administration of the Contract requirements
- Assist with completion of accounts
- Gather and collate records of all work done
- Undertake payment authorisation of subcontractors
- Ensure prompt submission of invoices and applications for payment
- To assist in the Business Development process in producing information for PQQs and Tenders in relation to the project deliverable to the client and the project deliverable requirement to the business
- Support the development of the team through training and mentoring
- Be responsible for up to 2 direct reports in respect of: general line management, timekeeping, technical training requirements, development, performance reviews
- Contribute to the formulation of the weekly and monthly financial reports, both internal management accounts and external applications for payment
- Extensive knowledge of NEC contract management
- Experience in the water industry or utilities or civil engineering
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience in the preparation of the interim and final accounts
- Experience in target cost and lump sum contracts
- Experience with construction contracts
- Experience in people-management
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.