Senior Quality Manager
We have an exceptional opportunity to recruit a highly motivated Senior Quality Manager in the North due to an internal promotion.
Willmott Dixon is driven by our customers' aims and aspirations, delivering outstanding work, providing a great service and excellent value for money. To this day we remain family-owned and take pride in our core values. We are passionate about people and have a real focus and drive around continuous development; this has been proven by our 5th placed ranking in the 'Times Top 100' best companies to work, Times Top 50 employers for women 2020 as well as our platinum award for 'Investing In People'. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future, a trusted brand and offer a career of a lifetime!
We're looking for someone that has strong technical knowledge with the ability to easily translate that to others - this is the ideal role for someone who is relentless in seeking and driving quality improvements, who is always looking at how we can do things better to achieve the perfect product and has the ability to work closely with all of our people to make things happen.
Our Operations Directors, Managers and Site teams own and drive quality on their projects and we want someone that can work alongside all of our teams sharing knowledge, best practice and innovation.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Leading the Quality Systems Manager, ensuring we are ISO:9001 compliant and the O&M Coordinator, ensuring we provide quality O&Ms for our customers;
- Driving a learning culture by ensuring we're capturing lessons learnt throughout a project and facilitating post contract reviews to capture key learning;
- Ensuring sector learning documents are always kept live and sharing lessons learnt with the business to the right people at the right time;
- Understanding our key technical policies, which includes the fire policy and ensuring we have clear and workable processes and support in place so our people understand what their role is and are fully trained and competent;
- Working with our SCPs so that they understand what quality means to us at Willmott Dixon and so that we understand where they are on their journey and how we can best work together to achieve the Perfect Product;
- Identifying where we could be doing things differently and building plans and working with people to implement change;
- Ensuring new people into the business and existing people have access to the right training at the right time;
- Working closely with our Quality and Customer Managers to ensure that the lessons learnt from site visits and defects are continuously understood, with our digital team to understand how we can use technology effectively in our quality approach and with our design team to ensure we're designing out defects;
- Analysing our data so we can understand the root cause of when we don't get things right and ensure we do something about it.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
Proven experience of:
- Working with the construction industry and knowledge of how elements are constructed
- Driving and delivering change
- Influencing others and getting buy in
- Coaching and training others
- Health and safety
- Excellent at building relationships and a multi-faceted communication techniques
- A full driving licence
- Managing multi-disciplined teams and working groups
Qualifications and memberships:
- Minimum of an HNC or degree in an appropriate subject, or relevant working experience.
- Working towards MCIOB status
- Relevant CSCS card
- Relevant Degree desirable but not essential
- 5 day SMSTS course
We reward our people generously with a competitive salary and a market-leading benefits package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are family run and dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our passion is to create spectacular outcomes for our customers in the knowledge that our projects have a hugely beneficial impact on the UK's economic growth and prosperity.
We are also passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years, underlined by placing 5th in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For - better than any other construction company. Times Top 50 employers for women 2020 as well as our platinum award for 'Investing In People'
Add to that our numerous other awards, including three Queen's Awards for Enterprise in five years; our industry-leading approach to sustainability - we have been carbon neutral since 2012; and a strong financial position, with 100% UK turnover and no bank borrowings…we believe we truly can offer a career of a lifetime.