About the job Willmott Dixon is passionate about leaving the right social, environmental and economic legacy. To support our continued success, we are recruiting an Energy Manager to make an impact across the Willmott Dixon Group.
Sustainability and social value have been at the heart of our business for the last 170 years and with our new sector-leading sustainability strategy, 'Now or Never' focussing us on delivering Brilliant Buildings, Building Lives and a Better Planet by 2030, there really is no better time to join us!
Sitting within the award-winning Group Sustainability team, based in Letchworth, Hertfordshire, we are looking for an enthusiastic and engaged person to provide energy management expertise across the business in England and Wales, to help us become the market leader in sustainability in line with the ambitions of 'Now or Never'. You will work within Group Sustainability as a key part of the team working on our ambition to become a zero-carbon company by 2030. You will identify, develop and implement energy procurement and management solutions that minimise energy use and eliminate fossil fuels at all our construction sites, in our offices and in our fleet. By changing behaviours across all our teams, we will improve the sustainability of our business and the products we deliver for our customers.
You will be a self-starter, who loves a challenge, able to work agilely, in an empowered environment that values initiative and innovative thinking. You will be passionate about energy management and get excited by the opportunities to deliver a low carbon future. Strong communication and relationship management skills are essential, coupled with an ability to influence and deliver through others.
You will be responsible for:
* Assisting in the development of new ideas, strategies, policies and targets for the Willmott Dixon Group and its operating companies
* Identifying, developing, and embedding changes across the company's operations, its systems and processes to deliver our sustainability commitments and targets
* Developing and implementing improved systems and processes for the efficient and economic purchasing and supply of renewable energy to offices and sites.
* Contributing to the development, improvement and implementation of systems and processes for the minimisation of energy use and elimination of fossil fuels on our construction sites, in our offices and in our fleet.
* Collecting, collating, managing, analysing, interrogating and verifying energy-related sustainability data
* Developing collaborative partnerships and supply chain relationships in line with our business strategies.
* Researching and investigating opportunities to implement innovative and sustainable energy solutions and technology to improve business performance.
* Increasing our people's sustainable energy skills, knowledge, and capability by delivering training advice and support.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
* Direct experience of energy management
* Technical understanding of energy saving technologies, metering and services
* Knowledgeable on established and emerging fuel, energy and utilities related efficiency improving technologies
* Using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook
*Highly organised and able to manage multiple competing priorities
* Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills and interpersonal skills
* Minimum relevant level 4 qualification Desired experience
* Understanding of design and construction processes
* Ability to generate new and novel approaches
* Ability to communicate in a way that meets the needs of a diverse audience
* Development of efficient data collection methodologies, processes or systems
* Chartered Energy Manager or equivalent
In return we offer:
We reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes, but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible. We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
No recruitment agencies please.
About Us About Us With nearly 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose beyond profit is to deliver brilliant buildings, transform lives, strengthen communities, and enhance the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and trusted privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths.
We hold two Queen's Awards for Enterprise (for Sustainable Development and Social Mobility) and hold numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!