Senior Quantity Surveyor
Amey has been appointed as 'Managing Agent' by Transport for Wales (TfW) to deliver Design, Project Management, Commercial Management with associated Railway Systems Management. TfW have appointed 3 specific contractors (Infrastructure Delivery Partners (IDP's)) to deliver the works. This specific role will be to manage one of these IDP's to deliver the 'Stations, Civils & Ancillary Buildings' scope, reporting ultimately to TfW.
Your role will be to ensure compliance with the Amey systems, processes and procedures to deliver post contract management on numerous Contracts varying between £5m and £25m p.a. in value and a total of c£100m over 4 years.
This is an opportunity to work within a unique Transformational Project within South Wales and gain exposure to a wide range of works on a multidisciplinary Rail Project within a dynamic and challenging environment.
You will support the Senior Commercial Manager in implementing day to day commercial management on a number of target cost contracts; delivering Detailed Design and the associated Project Management Organisation to support delivery of the Core Valley Lines Transformation Works Project for Transport for Wales.
What will the role involve?
What will this role involve?
- Implement commercial processes to ensure contractual entitlement is realised.
- Implement Group commercial processes for cost capture, valuation, procurement and reporting. Management of Subcontractor accounts in line with agreed subcontract.
- Play a leading role in the Management Team. Manage and/or carry out if required all normal quantity surveying duties.
- Work within the strict deadlines required under the Contract(s) and as required by the Company.
- Exercise full cost control of project(s) including providing and monitoring budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager.
- Leading on the production of weekly/monthly cost and value reconciliations and forecasts and advising the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager thereof.
- Assist and advise the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager in ensuring timely issuing of all notices required under the Contract(s).
- Identify the existence of all variations (changes) to the works in conjunction with other project team members Identify the existence of any "claim" and "extension of time" situations in conjunction with other project team members.
- Endeavour to ensure that all contemporary records are kept by the project team members for use in supporting claims, extensions of time, and the evaluation of variations.
- Manage all aspects of subcontract procurement and payment.
- Support the tender processes and strategy as required.
- Provide commercial and financial feed-back to the Estimators.
- Provide all cost/commercial information required under the Contract(s) (S-Curves, Forecasts)
- Ensure that the Client receives no commercial "surprises".
- Submit in a timely manner applications for payment, and endeavour to ensure the Client issues payment certificates in accordance with the Contract(s).
- With each application for payment submit final anticipated Client outturn costs.
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent) is desirable, or able to demonstrate a proven track record in quantity surveying / commercial management with supervisory experience, it would be beneficial if this experience has been gained in a Railway and/or Client environment.
- A solid knowledge of commercial and financial procedures and reporting will be vital in ensuring compliance as well as a general knowledge of Railway Construction works and Planning and Programming of Construction Works.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen.
- Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines.
- Methodical style of working.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word.
- Strong desire to further Client relationships whilst ensuring that contractual entitlements are not compromised.
- Team player
- Motivation and desire to succeed
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Sound knowledge of contracts and awareness of industry issues
- Good health and safety awareness
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.