Financial Crime Investigations Analyst (Second Line) - Flexible Working Available
Are you able to identify financial crime risks? Can you use data to help make decisions and identify issues? Do enjoy building relationships across multiple business areas? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Financial Crime Investigations Analyst, you will be responsible for proactive identification of financial crime risk, in response to external events including regulator actions, investigations and media reporting. You will utilise data to undertake financial crime investigations into customers, transactions and patterns of activity.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Undertaking investigations into Metro Bank’s financial crime risk exposure, in response to external events
• Using data to undertake financial crime investigations into customers, transactions and patterns of activity
• Proposing recommendations in line with our extensive regulatory requirements, based on the findings from investigations
• Identifying areas of enhancement across the Bank and recommend enhancements to make sure we remain compliant with our ongoing legal and regulatory requirements
• Supporting other key financial crime initiatives across the Bank, to make sure that relevant risks are appropriately managed
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You need to have a detailed understanding of UK regulatory obligations, and financial crime risk typologies within the UK
• It is essential you are able to analyse large amounts of data
• You must have experience of applying this understanding to undertake investigations into external events and any potential implications for Metro Bank