Lead Mobile Developer- Flexible Working Available
Are you passionate about making game changing mobile features? Do you love working with Kotlin? Could you help nurture colleagues on best practice mobile app development? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Lead Mobile Developer, you will be supporting our Chapter Lead in creating cutting-edge features for our mobile application. You help streamline work, and make sure colleagues have the right guidance on all technical requirements within their role. This is a fantastic opportunity for those looking to take on more responsibility than just developing.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Supporting the application lifecycle from concept and design, through to release and support.
• Leading on new feature projects for our Android platform
• Producing fully functional mobile application, written in clean code
• Debugging and troubleshooting features to optimize performance
• Liaising with product development teams to plan new features
• Advising on new mobile products, applicants and protocols
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally we would need you to have in-depth experience as a mobile developer on Android, with working expertise on Dagger and Jetpack libraries
• In order to be successful in this role you will need to have proven experience in Kotlin and Java programming languages
• We would be looking out for you to showcase your understanding of MVVM and MVI architecture patterns
• It was be amazing if you could demonstrate how you would implement solid principles and clean architecture