Service Desk Team Leader
Service Desk Team Leader
We are seeking to recruit a Service Desk Team leader who displays a flexible approach, excellent communication skills and is an effective team player.
Position: Service Desk Team leader
Location: Home Based, U.K Nationwide
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: Circa £28,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (this will increase with service up to 30 days, full time equivalent) cashback and discount scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development, pension scheme, Life Assurance, Eye Care vouchers, Long Service Award, Tax-free childcare, Health Cash Plan, Working Pattern Agreement, flexible working opportunities available.
Closing Date: 20 May 2021
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic interviews may be held via video conferencing. Please let us know if this will present any challenges when you email your application
The Service Desk Team leader is responsible for leading the service desk team to ensure that all users who require support in the use of the various technologies and equipment are given a high level of measured service. Ensuring all incidents and requests are triaged to a satisfactory conclusion for all stakeholders involved and meet the agreed service level agreements. The role will also manage the catalogue for all assets and maintain all documentation/software that is under the remit of the Service Desk.
Key accountabilities and main responsibilities
- Management of the daily activities of the Service Desk team to improve performance and end user satisfaction
- To manage continuous improvement initiatives to ensure that the service desk delivers an improved level of customer service, perception and satisfaction
- Ensure the charity maintains an accurate record of information; ensuring an up-to-date log of all incidents or requests that are reported, including the category/type of incidents or requests. Ensure Incidents are organized and prioritized based on the level of disruption that they cause
- Ensure that the service desk triage incidents and requests with the correct prioritization and classification
- Ensure the service desk has ownership, monitoring, tracking and communication of incidents
- Ensure monitoring, measurement and reporting of the status and progress towards resolution of all requests and incidents is undertaken.
- Ensure the maintenance of the Asset Register, with the service desk having overall responsibility for all of the organisation’s desktop, laptop and mobile device hardware, software and peripherals.
You will have significant direct experience of Service Desk operations an excellent understanding of:
- Microsoft technologies
- Computer hardware/OS/applications
- Mobile technologies
- Networks and TCP/IP
You will have the ability to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner to non-technical stakeholders and work flexibly with the ability to adapt to demand.
You will be asked to submit your CV and a covering letter of no more than two pages demonstrating how you meet the person specification and what you bring to the role in terms of your skills and experience.
To fulfil the role, you must have the right to work in the U.K
This is an exciting opportunity to work with stroke survivors and their families to support them following stroke and to raise stroke awareness in the local population. The charity offers a host of amazing benefits and flexible working options, with opportunities to progress your career.
About the Organisation
Rebuilding lives after stroke.
Everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there. The organisation provides specialist support, funds critical research and campaigns to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives. Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join the team.
You may also have experience in areas such as IT, ICT, 1st Line Support, IT Helpdesk, Technical Support, IT Service Desk, ICT Officer, Database Officer, Service Desk Analyst, 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, Information Officer Jobs, IT Technical Support, IT Support Desk Officer, IT Support Desk, IT Support Desk Supervisor, IT Support Desk Manager, IT Support Desk Team Leader, IT Support, Web Support, Business IT Support, IT Help Desk, IT Help Desk Manager, Service Desk Manager, IT Manager, Engineer, IT Engineer, Infrastructure IT, Infrastructure Engineer.