Advisory Manager, Ring Fence Perimeter Team
The world is changing. Our ambitious, new strategy will respond.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we have already built the market leader in digital banking. But we need hardworking people like you if we're to continue to innovate, collaborate and adapt to the meet the ongoing digital needs of our customers.
Could you help us make this possible?
The Ring Fence & Perimeter Team's role is to advise, report on, monitor and enforce the Ring Fence Perimeter; we put customers first and protect the clients of the Ring Fenced Bank.
You'll be a subject matter specialist in providing recommendations, guidance and advice to management and partners relating to the interpretation and application of ongoing legislative and regulatory ring fencing compliance.
You'll develop and maintain key ring fencing perimeter artefacts such as the Perimeter Handbook, Group Product Book and Booking Model, which provide guidance critical to compliance relating to ring fencing legislation, product families and booking locations.
We'll look for you to provide pro-active support and constructive challenge whilst reviewing Advisory queries driven by customer and business requirements and, as a member of product governance forums and committees, in ensuring proposals are compliant with ring fencing requirements.
You'll also develop, maintain and present a suite of training materials to support ongoing embedding of ring fencing compliance requirements, including but not limited to Relevant Financial Institutions, product booking, exception usage and breach reporting requirements.
Your key accountabilities will include;
- Supporting the resolution of compliance and other related issues and concerns arising from breaches, operational events, change programmes, and regulatory activity
- To be an Subject Matter Specialist in ring fence compliance guidance material, reporting and systems to ensure ongoing compliance with all regulations, policies and standards
- Ensuring timely and accurate escalation/reporting of regulatory and legislative breaches that have been reported or identified
- Developing and growing technical competence and specialist guidance capability to improve end to end knowledge and experience
- Working closely with other colleagues to ensure open and clear communication on team activities, overlaps, gaps and issues
- Building and maintaining relationships with key partners across the Group in order to gather and maintain specialist knowledge of the practical application of ring fencing rules
So what about you?
- Knowledge and understanding of ring fence compliance and/or product governance is preferred;
- Strong analytical and decision making skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to form effective and collaborative relationships across Divisional and functional boundaries and across cultural environments;
- The ability to challenge and be challenged at senior levels and internally/externally;
- Stakeholder influence at grade G and above and external to own function; and
- The ability to deliver to deadlines and under pressure.
What will you get in return?
We foster a culture which brings together intelligent people from diverse backgrounds who enjoy a collaborative and creative environment as well as genuine equal opportunity.
We'd also consider flexible and agile working practices to suit you.
You'd also get a benefits package that includes:
- A performance related bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Wider corporate benefits and perks
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both expertly and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.
So if you possess the skills we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...
****This role can be based in Edinburgh, Glasgow or London. The broad base salary banding across the UK is from £54,000pa to £74,000pa based on experience. Salaries in the London area will be reflected towards the upper end of this bracket***