We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Pre-Construction Surveyor to join our high-performing Pre-construction team in the North. Willmott Dixon is driven by quality and customer service and to this day we remain family owned and take pride in our core values. We are passionate about people and have a real focus and drive around continuous development; this has been proven by our 5th placed ranking in the 'Times Top 100' best companies to work, Times Top 50 employers for women 2021 as well as our platinum award for 'Investing In People'. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future, a trusted brand and offer a career of a lifetime!
The successful Pre-Con Surveyor will undertake project take-offs accurately, effectively and efficiently with a high degree of commercial and technical knowledge in accordance with the bid timescales.
Reporting to the Pre-Construction Director, you will work closely with Estimators and the Design team and be able to get complete design packages from the design engineers and measure from them, using your knowledge and experience to fill in any gaps accurately - Using Bluebeam to measure and producing the Bills of Quantities in the SMM7 format (knowledge of NRM desirable)
This is a regional role working across the North, we have offices in Oldham, Leeds & Gateshead; we also know that work isn't the only important aspect of your life so we are happy to support flexible, agile and working from home wherever possible.
- Undertake project take-offs accurately, effectively and efficiently with a high degree of commercial and technical knowledge in accordance with the bid timescales.
- Effectively undertake document control.
- Identify key technical construction issues and processes and potential areas of value engineering.
- Identify, assess and advise on closing out project risks.
- Conduct their role in a way which is consistent with the company's sustainability objectives.
- To read, understand and advise other disciplines on pertinent project issues, such as missing information / design.
- Using specialist measurement software - Bluebeam
- Measurement, using the standard codes of measurement (SMM or similar)
- A variety of construction methods
- Using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- Proficient use of and Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word and Outlook
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC / NVQ4 etc).
- Knowledge of NRM (rules for the preparation of bills of quantities)
- Having a can-do attitude, even when it is hard going
- Keeping it real - be genuine and straightforward in your dealings with people
- Take ownership, be accountable and make things happen
- Find solutions and practical ways to overcome barriers
- Think on feet and use initiative
- Well-presented and effective at communication
- Listening, learning and sharing to drive improvement
- Strive to astonish our customer
- Leading by example and taking responsibility
- Working collaboratively to achieve results
- Recognising and respecting others
- Working as one team
In return we offer:
We reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
With over 160 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive within.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths
Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!