Network Engineer - Flexible Working Available
Title: Network Engineer
Contract Type: Fixed term contract till April 2022
Location: Office based 20-40% at either Stratford, London or Sidcup, Kent. A degree of flexibility will be needed to travel between the offices weekly.
Salary: £48,000 to £56,000pa depending on experience
Closing date for completed applications: 25th May 2021
Interviews will be held on: Telephone interviews 28th & 31st May 2021
Online interviews 1st - 3rd June 2021 via Microsoft Teams
Due to COVID19, colleagues in eligible roles are currently working from home in line with government guidelines
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the advertisement and interview earlier than stated
Network Engineer Role Profile.docx
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Network Engineer to join L&Q at a very exciting time; we will invest, grow and transform our business to provide a better service to our customers.
As the Network Engineer you will monitor and maintain the network infrastructure, resolving systems issues whilst also designing, deploying, and implementing new systems that optimise the L&Q IT landscape.
The Network Engineer will report directly into the Cloud & Infrastructure Lead, working closely with other Cloud & Infrastructure Engineering Team members to participate and assist in BAU and project work in other areas of the team. Additionally, to support colleagues within Enterprise Services & Security and Engineering pillars wherever necessary.
The Network Engineer will:
· Input into architectural designs and be part of the Technical Design Authority
· Develop and maintain networking infrastructure, ensuring high availability, performance, reliability and integrity in line with SLA’s set by management
· Work collaboratively with product teams, business development and support teams within IT, to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner
· Keep up to date with developments in new technologies and where it can be of use to L&Q, working with partners to commission Proofs of Concepts to demonstrate business value.
· Provide out of hours coverage for support and change management activity as required.
Skills and Experience:
· Demonstrable experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining network solutions in a medium to large organisation including data centre networks.
· Hands-on experience with L2/L3 switching (Cisco Catalyst and Nexus) along with OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, STP, VLANs, VDC, VPC, DNS, and DHCP.
· Strong firewall management skills (Cisco and CheckPoint) along with technical knowledge of network security (NAC, IDS/IPS, VPN, RADIUS, Proxy).
· Operational experience of network monitoring and performance management systems such as Solarwinds and Extrahop would be beneficial.
· A good understanding of cloud networking (Azure).
· Ability to troubleshoot complex issues across the network.
· Well-organised with the ability to prioritise workload.
· Academic and professional qualification (ITIL, Cisco CCNA)
· Experience of working in both Agile and Waterfall Project methodologies
· Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain technical solutions to those of a non-technical background
· Willing to acquire skills and knowledge in other areas of the IT Cloud & Infrastructure landscape. Supporting colleagues across IT with training and knowledge transfer wherever necessary
If you are interested in this role and have the experience required, then apply without delay!
COVID 19: The safety of our staff and our candidates is of the utmost importance. Every effort will be taken to ensure that safe ways of working are adopted throughout the Recruitment and Selection process. We are introducing extra precautions in line with UK Government Guidelines. Our recruitment processes will follow social distancing and COVID-19 Secure requirements. This will include the use of various technologies to support the interview process. Should candidates have any questions regarding this, or if you require additional support please let us know at the interview planning stage.
At the foundation of everything that we do are our corporate values and associated behaviours. Our organisational behavioural framework outlines the core expectations of all employees, which should be demonstrated at all times when representing L&Q. More information about L&Q’s values can be found on our website and a copy of our behavioural framework can be provided on request.
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.
L&Q is a regulated charitable housing association and one of the UK’s most successful independent social businesses. The L&Q Group houses around 250,000 people in more than 97,000 homes, primarily across London and the South East.
As a charitable organisation, our role goes beyond providing homes and housing services. We are a long-term partner in the neighbourhoods where we work. We hope to build aspiration, opportunity and confidence in our communities through our £250 million L&Q Foundation and our skills academy.
In response to the housing and affordability crisis, we will build 100,000 new homes over ten years. Of these, 60,000 homes will be built or funded by L&Q, whilst a further 40,000 will come through partnerships. Crucially, at least 50% of these new homes will be genuinely affordable, with a target of 60% in London.
Our vision is that everyone has a quality home they can afford, and we combine our social purpose with commercial drive to create homes and neighbourhoods everyone can be proud of.