BIM Manager - Flexible Working Available
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. While we are best known as engineering experts, working in sectors as diverse as nuclear, rail, water, energy, highways, and aviation, our UK wide business provides a wealth of different support function roles within human resources, commercial, IT, innovation, design, work winning / business development, safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ), communications, procurement, and finance.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry. We are a community of diverse individuals with shared goals and a strong, supportive, and inclusive culture. Collectively, our people play an invaluable role in shaping the UK’s infrastructure and contributing to our long-term sustainable growth.
We are looking for people to join our team who not only have relevant qualifications and skills, but who understand and value our culture of pride and connection.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented BIM Manager.
The BIM Implementation Managers is to develop a regional strategy for; and manage the implementation of, the Morgan Sindall BIM processes, procedures and best practice across the regional business.
They will support bids and live projects with understanding the BIM requirements and setting out a strategy for which best suits the client’s needs and the supply chains capabilities; and develop the skills and understanding of others through training and ongoing support so that the BIM duties are and can be undertaken by the project or bid team
- An understanding and passion for BIM
- Project management skills and construction management experience
- Detailed knowledge of workflows (schematic design, design development, construction documentation phases) and project management.
- Detailed knowledge of different needs of the design delivery team (architects, engineers, estimators, planners and contractors).
- Excellent report writing, presentation and communication skills
- Able to build positive working relationships, deal effectively with people and co-ordinate others
- Detailed knowledge of the construction industry in the context of BIM
- Have a good working knowledge of industry standards such as PAS 1192: 2013, BS 1192: 2007 and the Government Construction Strategy 2020 and 2025
- A demonstrable understanding of the Common Data Environment
- A demonstrable understanding of the design drawing protocols and procedures
- Understanding of how 3D models are created and how to navigate and verify BIM data.
- Understanding of how BIM data links together across software platforms and BIM dimensions.
- Understand how COBie data is collated and what use it is to clients once provided.
- Technical knowledge of the BIM applications used e.g. Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, Vico and Solibri model checker
- Technical background in a construction discipline.
- Ability to manage own workload
- Open to learning new software and processes.
- Proficient (ideally advanced) skills using Microsoft Office
About the Highways Team:
Our projects encompass motorway widening, congestion relief, safety improvement and bypass schemes. Recent work includes M62 Smart Motorways, Lincolnshire’s new A1073 bypass, the A1 Improvement scheme from Dishforth to Barton in North Yorkshire, and the M74 Completion Project through central Glasgow, Scotland’s largest infrastructure scheme. Under Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) schemes, we engage with our customers as early as possible to maximise innovation, efficiency and cost savings.